Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67 Extreme4 Gen 3, Not detecting Graphics Card

Hello,

I'm building my first computer, and when I went to boot everything up I get no display on the monitor. I also get a code d6 on Dr. Debug. Best I can tell, it has to do with the mobo not recognizing the Graphics card (Geforce GTX 560ti). My question I suppose is, what is the likely hood that it is the mobo, or the card that is bad and how do I go about finding out. I've tried re-seating the card, it should be in there pretty good so I don't think that will help.

Thanks in advance!

Re: P67 Extreme4 Gen 3, Not detecting Graphics Card

This is common, more than it should be!.

My first p67 everything fired up first time.I got my b3 free swap p67 and got the no display device error.
    I still can get it if I do a strip down :(.
    Having had everything working on the b2 board odds were on it being some problem with the b3.
    This problem had been noted and posted on even then, early 2011.

Try reseating the card again.
    Plug everything in dont turn on the psu. Turn on the monitor wait till it comes up with its no input message .
    Then turn on the psu.
    Then fire up the pc.If you do get to the bios/uefi screen get into it straight away and the v first thing I would recommend changing is the amount of time the bios access screen displays before booting the pc.
    The standard is 1 second and thas too short.. go for 5 seconds.
    You will probably be changing things like storage type from ide to ahci as well before installing the os.

If the display device still isnt recognised.
    try things like
    Connect your monitor to the second output on the card and fire up again.
    leave the monitor turned off , turn on the pc then as its starting to post turn on the monitor.
    If those dont work. Then try resetting the cmosafter the pc has shut down and is turned off.

Its like the mbrd n bios meeds a"nudge" from the gx card to let it know its been connected :(

This problem doesnt recur once the card is recognised ,unless you strip the pc down again, and not allwayss even then.

Other people who have had this problem have tested their mbrds and gx cards..by putting a different gx card in , or trying the card in a different board.
    Mostly it turns out its just the board can be slow to recognise the gx card after initial build or stripdown.

note:
    I got my replacement b3 p67 board back in March 2011.
    The bios that came with it ,1.50 was different to my b2 board(1.40)
    This original bios 1.50 has been on it since then until a few days ago when I flashed in bios 1.80
    I havent stripped the pc down since then. It could be that it was only a problem with bios 1.50..heres hoping.
    Last edited by kick; 01-20-2012, 03:08 AM.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Working...
    X