Z68 Ext3 Gen3 + Ripjaws X + Hyper 212 EVO

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Ext3 Gen3 + Ripjaws X + Hyper 212 EVO

I ordered a Z68 Ext3 Gen3. I got Ripjaws X with the heat spreaders. I'm thinking of using a CoolerMaster Hyper 212 EVO. I have read of clearance issues with this board and tall RAM.

Can I put my RAM on the DDR2_A2 and B2 slots instead of the A1 B1 so I wont have clearance problems with the HSF and Ripjaws?

Re: Z68 Ext3 Gen3 + Ripjaws X + Hyper 212 EVO

You shouldn't have any problems at all with that cooler. It is very narrow and clears the memory with easy. Only the fan will give any possible problems, amd the stock 25mm thick fans should clear fine. The great thing about it is that the fan clips on the heatsink in the vertical grove, so you can slide it up or down if you choose. plus it can be mounted on the backside of the heatsink as well. or two fans like I did.

If you plan on overclocking, I would go a bit larger heatsink. The 4 direct contact heatpipes, don't cover the CPU completely. Maybe try a 5 or 6 heatpipe, or ones with thicker heatpipes. Just watch the thickness of the heatsink so it doesn't block memory slots. You can often YouTube videos on heatsink installs to get an idea.

Good luck
    -=Mark=-
    ASRock Z68 Extreme3 Gen3 i7 2600K 8GB (2 x 4GB) G.Skill 1333 CL9 MSI HD 7750 Corsair TX850 80Plus

GigaByte A75-UD4H AMD A*-3870K 8GB (2X4GB) G.Skill 1866 CL8 On-Chip 6550D Antec EA-450 80Plus Platinum

Comment

Re: Z68 Ext3 Gen3 + Ripjaws X + Hyper 212 EVO

Thanks
      I just want a good inexpensive cooler.
      My 2nd choice if the Evo wouldnt fit would be the Antec Kuhler 620

Comment

Working...
      X