Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

[Help Please] Asrock Z68 Extreme4 - RAID ROM is not booting, unable to set-up ISRT

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [Help Please] Asrock Z68 Extreme4 - RAID ROM is not booting, unable to set-up ISRT

Hi Guys,

I don't know what happened, but the RAID ROM on my mobo just refuse to load.
    In my BIOS I set according to:

Marvell SATA 3 Operation Mode: IDE Mode
    Marvell SATA 3 Bootable: NO
    SATA Mode: RAID Mode

By right upon boot up this screen should appear:

<<Image grabbed from ASROCK's website. I don't use KINGSTON's SSD>> I am using the Crucial M4 SSD.

But somehow it is not appearing.

I got a question, if I just plug in my 1 HD (without my SSD), will the RAID ROM still appear before booting into Windows?

On the side note:
    • I flashed my BIOS to the latest 1.70
    • When I connect my SSD to the SATA 3 port, sometimes the RAID ROM will appear, most of the time it doesn't appear. When I get to the Windows I went to Disk Management, it fail to detect the SSD.
    • When I load Windows from the Windows 7 DVD, in the disk partition page. I can't seems to find my SSD
    • I have tried to change the SATA Cable, Sata Port, Power Connector, but its still the same. Sometimes it can be detected sometimes it's not

People, please do advise :'( I am very lost...

Thank you <3..

Re: [Help Please] Asrock Z68 Extreme4 - RAID ROM is not booting, unable to set-up ISRT

You have both your SSD's that you want to create a RAID-0...I am guessing plugged into which native Intel ports? The 2 native SATA 3 ports or the native SATA 2 ports?
    Were the drives detected in the UEFI individually on each controller in AHCI mode BEFORE you RAID-ed them?
    Are the SSD's SATA3 or SATA2 and I assume same firmware revision and same size?
    Post back with more details...

SaphireX

Comment

Re: [Help Please] Asrock Z68 Extreme4 - RAID ROM is not booting, unable to set-up ISRT

What ports are your SSD HDDs all plugged into?

Comment

Working...
      X