Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• z68 extreme 4 gen 3 error code 45

Hi,

My computer has developed the code 45 error. Everything was running fine and now it is not. It Seems that if I pull ram out of slot one nearest the cpu it will post. Corsair CMZ16GX3M4A1600C9 16GB 1600MHz CL9 DDR3 Vengeance Memory Four Module Kit is what I'm using.

So my question, is the motherboard faulty do I have to return it?

Cheers!

Re: z68 extreme 4 gen 3 error code 45

does that stick of ram work if plugged into the other slot? tested other ram in the slot nearest cpu? same error?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      does that stick of ram work if plugged into the other slot? tested other ram in the slot nearest cpu? same error?
      So I did a test today and I tried each stick in slot one. first one gave code 45 all the others booted then I tried the first one again and it booted, so then I put them all in and it booted. I'm being very careful about the ram being properly seated every time but I just know that after a while being off and I go to turn it on again it'll give me code 45.

What I'm worried about is the board might be progressively getting worse and might damage other components, like
      cpu, as I've read bent pins in the cpu socket could be the culprit. But then taking the ram out and putting it back in seems to temporarily fix the code 45 problem.. wadda ya think?

Cheers!
      Last edited by wazza300; 01-04-2012, 05:34 PM.

Comment

67/68 seem to need some settling in timefor different configs.
        Ive had 2 boards cos of the b2/b3 thing.My setup should have fired up exactly as before with the replacement,it didnt initially.
        There has been some discussion on "sticky bios " settings.

Do a memtest. both outside of windws pre os boot and when in windows. If that works ok for all sticks you should be good.
        If the problem happens again get the standard bios settings back and loaded and saved, dont rely on cmos reset. Then fire up from what will probably be your first change from standard. :ide to ahci and work from there.
        Bent pins..it should either work or it doesnt .the volltages are so tiny they arent going to jump across a .001mm gap or whatever.
        Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
        Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
        Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
        8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
        60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
        GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
        Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
        http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

it could be just one of those things,not making good contact,i dont think its bent pins,could be cold boot issue where pc is cold but once warm all ram is seen/used ect,just keep your eye on it and see if the problem comes back
          Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
          Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
          Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
          Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
          1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
          1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
          Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
          Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
          Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
          K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
          L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
          Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
          Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
          http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
          Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Ok, I follow up on those suggestions.

Thanks a lot guys! I really need to sort this out as this is a machine I use professionally, down time is not an option. If the Mem test's pass and I revert the bios to standard and problems still persist
            I'll have to assume there's some sort of problem with the board.. :(

Comment

Recently upgraded my memory with another 8GB kit of Vengeance LP. First one was set to operate at 1T Command rate, but adding second kit forced me to chose 2T (2N in ASRock BIOS)

Comment

Things seem to have settled down now after mem test and bios re-setting.. if it comes back I'll re-seat the cpu and inspect the the slot.. So far tho it's behaving...

Comment

Re: z68 extreme 4 gen 3 error code 45 (Solved)

I recently bought a new desktop pc with the AsRock Extreme4 Gen3 as Motherboard on which I installed two 4GB 1600 Corsair RAM. The slot I used are #1 and #3 in order to use dual channel memory. The system boot perfectly but after a while the screen began flickering a bit and after that it freezed. After restart I received error 45 on the "Mr. Debug" display on the motherboard. Initially I supposed that is a problem of drivers beacause I used an HDD With a windows already installed with different hardware configuration. but the same problem encountred in the bios screen. In order to start the system again I removed and reinstalled the RAM in the same slot and the system booted but presenting the same problem.
                  I browsed the bios menu quickly and in the tuning section I noted that the RAM speed indicated was 1333 (my RAM speed 1600) and I forced the RAM speed to 1600, saved the changes and reboot. Now are about 30 hours that the PC worked without error 45.
                  I decided to write this reply for people who looking for a solution to that problem. That was the solution for me and I hope it is for you too.

Comment

Working...
                  X