P67 Extreme4 SATA2_2 port not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• P67 Extreme4 SATA2_2 port not working

My board is about 9 months old. Just installed my 4th drive in the system. In the process discovered that if I plug a drive into the SATA2_2 port, it won't post in BIOS or show up under Windows. That's kind of weird, isn't it? Is is possible one port out of the array of ports can go bad? Or, am I missing something in my setup? I am not using the 2 Marvell ports internally, but I do have an external dock plugged into the eSATA port. My OS is Windows 764-bit. I plan to install BD Player soon, so the having this port functional becomes essential for me.

Re: P67 Extreme4 SATA2_2 port not working

Im one of those who uses a bios until it doesnt support what I want , or maybe i read some super dooper oclks /new functionality has arrived.

The bios/uefi is flexible enough but not totally intuitive.
    Play around with it(dont lose your basic configuration),until u can get everything recognised.
    Mine.. it seems to take awhile to "learn" the new connections.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Originally posted by kick View Post
      Im one of those who uses a bios until it doesnt support what I want , or maybe i read some super dooper oclks /new functionality has arrived.

The bios/uefi is flexible enough but not totally intuitive.
      Play around with it(dont lose your basic configuration),until u can get everything recognised.
      Mine.. it seems to take awhile to "learn" the new connections.
      I don't know where to start. Could you give me some specific suggestions? I had the 4th drive connected to SATA2_3, and it was working just fine till about an hour ago. Now, drive won't post. And, that is without any changes to the system. So, now I have SATA2_2 and SATA2_3 both not reading. Help!

Comment

Some suggestions....
        1. If you are O'Clocking at all turn off the O'Clock and SEE if the drives are properly detected.
        2. RESET your CMOS either by the button on the mobo(if equipped) or yank the A/C power and move the jumper cap (see your manual)
        3. If neither of those 2 ideas work then yank the A/C and yank the CMOS battery -move the jumper cap

You mentioned a drive not in the array was added ...please say what controller it was added to

Please post back

Cheers
        SaphireX

Comment

Working...
        X