Help...Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro/ Silverstone FT02

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help...Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro/ Silverstone FT02

Hi guys im new, just signed up. Im having a rather random but silly problem with the board above and my FT02 case. I cannot for the life of me get it mounted properly. What i mean is that when its seated in the case, there is always a noticeable gap between the backplate and the board. I reseated it many times and its the same thing each time. I tried removing the motherboard base-screws i dont need and still dont know whats going on. Its causing me a few problems because my ethernet cable is not plugging fully into the port and ive had to use a tooth-pick to get it to stay still. <-- Yes very unconventional.

Is there a problem with the board and this particular case? Is there anything i should be looking out for and please throw out anything you might think im overlooking, because its really driving me insane.

P.S I use a D14 and the backplate is tightly screwed.

Re: Help...Asrock Z68 Fatal1ty Pro/ Silverstone FT02

When you installed your heatsink solution does the backplate sit flush with the back of the board? Did the board before you installed your heatsink lay flat on a flat surface? Is it possible that your heatsink mounts are tightened too much causing the warpage? Not using all of the standoffs in mounting your board in the case is not a good idea esp since it sounds like there is a slight warp and the board might touch the case and ground itself out. Please post back what you discovered in looking at things again...
    SaphireX

Comment

Working...
    X