Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound problem on asrock?

Hello

I have Asrock P67 Pro3(B3). When I close windows, browsing internet, open programs, Moving Mouse, I hear Noise Over Speakers. I don't know how to fix this. I try install new drivers, old and nothing. I have Windows 7 64 bits..i have new bios. Any Advice?:) My other parts:

PSU: OCZ STEAL THXSTREAM 2 600W LI PSU 80 PLUS
    CPU: Intel Core I5 2500K 3,3 GHZ LGA1155 +Fortis+STG2
    MOBO: ASROCK P67 PRO3 DDR-1600 ATA3
    RAM: DDR3 GOODRAM 4096/1333 CL9
    HDD: Samsung 1TB HD10SJ
    GPU: Vertex ATI HD6850 1024 MB

Re: sound problem on asrock?

Do you hear the same noises if you use headphones? If you do not hear the same noises then chances are your speakers are not shielded and are picking up EMI based on their proximity to your rig. If you still hear the noises over headphones then you could try re-routing your HDAudio case cable that you connected to the board so that it is away from any touching any mobo components to see if that solves it. If not, then perhaps the case's HDAudio cable needs to be shielded/insulated and you could try carefully wrapping shielding electrical tape around that cable to try and beef up the EMI rejecting properties of the cables insulation to see if that solves it. I asume that you used all of the mobo standoffs to prevent the board from grounding out (touching) your case when you installed it. Double-check that. Other than trying the above your only recourse might be to RMA the board as the source of the EMI might be a faulty component. Please post back and let us know what you discovered...

SaphireX

Comment

i hear noise on headphones too. I tryed everything only works disabled soundcard on bios.

Comment

Well...unfortunately it would appear that some component on the board is emitting EMI that most likely the only solution will be to RMA your board. Disabling the Onboard Audio in the UEFI/BIOS really does not pinpoint anything since turning off the audio without having a PCI type sound card to further trouble-shoot the issue...
        Sorry I could not be of more help here...
        SaphireX

Comment

I write to asrock support but nothing reply right now maybe I Buy pci soundcard and off audio on board

Comment

tried disabling eist,c1e and c3/c6 power saving states in the bios? its common issue across all modern boards,sometimes switching psu and or graphic card with another make/model can fix it

its no good buying sound card either,you will still hear the noise(i know ive also tried this) but changing psu fixed the noise for me
            Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
            Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
            Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
            Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
            1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
            1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
            Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
            Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
            K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
            L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
            Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
            http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
            Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

no i did not please tell me how to disable? where is this in menu ?

Comment

i dont know on that motherboard,but it is in the bios somewhere,it will be in the cpu section

look for

eist

c1e

c3/c6

and click disable on all of them

if you still hear the noise then reenable them as they throttle the cpu when its idle
                Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
                Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
                Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Originally posted by Jacek Ciepiela View Post
                  Hello

I have Asrock P67 Pro3(B3). When I close windows, browsing internet, open programs, Moving Mouse, I hear Noise Over Speakers. I don't know how to fix this. I try install new drivers, old and nothing. I have Windows 7 64 bits..i have new bios. Any Advice?:) My other parts:

GPU: Vertex ATI HD6850 1024 MB
                  Simply mute all input channels which are: mic, line, and cd. If you don't see some of them, go to properties and checkmark them.

Comment

thank you but I try all yours advice and nothing. I write to Asrock Support and they tell me that is not problem from Mobo. So I probably I buy new soundcard PCIE

Comment

did you disable intel speedstep technology in the bios? the problem will probably be your psu or graphic card,i had the same problem until i switched psu to a different brand,and adding in a pci sound card wont stop the noise,ive allready tried this with a xonar dx sound card and still the interference noise could be heard
                      Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                      Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

yes I disabled this option

Comment

Still the noise? What make graphic card are you using?
                          Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                          Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

vertex ati radeon 6850,I noticed that swich off all visual effect on win 7 problem of crackled sound gone
                            Last edited by Jacek Ciepiela; 12-30-2011, 04:23 PM.

Comment

you mean windows aero mode? that points to graphic card driver thats causing it then? are you using latest 11.12 drivers? try and download driversweeper and fully un-install and re-install graphic drivers,it might help stop the noise
                              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
                              Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Working...
                              X