Ion 3D 152D With weird Memory/Windows Issue

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ion 3D 152D With weird Memory/Windows Issue

I just got an Ion 3D 152D the other day. It's supposed to be a Christmas gift to my family but, it may not happen in time for Christmas.

It came with 2GB DDR2 800 RAM, brand name Elixir. To avoid complications I bought another 2GB DDR2 brand Elixir to bring the system to its maximum of 4GB.

Installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (OEM) with only the original stick pf RAM installed (was waiting for the second one to arrive). Got windows installed, got all the drivers installed, it was working pretty well (with the exception that it takes FOREVER to load windows). The second stick of RAM comes in, I shut the 152D down, install the RAM and windows then refuses to load. So I try booting in to safe mode, that fails to load windows and stops at CLASSPNP.SYS. I take out the added stick of RAM, turn the machine on and windows loads (still slowly). I think well, I either have a bad stick of RAM or a bad RAM slot.

So I move the one stick in the machine to the other RAM slot, turn it on and windows loads. Ok, so it's not the slot since this is the original stick of RAM now running in the other slot. So I shut down and install the added stick of RAM and remove the original stick, turn on and windows loads. Hmmm, move that RAM stick to the other slot and windows loads. Ok, so now I have obviously 2 good sticks of RAM and 2 good RAM slots.

And this is where I'm stuck! If I put in both stick of RAM windows will not load. The BIOS sees both sticks no problem, I just can't get windows to load with both installed. So I tried to re-install windows with both sticks of RAM installed, it seems to install just fine until it comes time to actually boot into windows for the first time and yeah, it just dies on the windows start up screen.

Any clues??

Re: Ion 3D 152D With weird Memory/Windows Issue

Solved my issue. I used a different windows ISO and now the Ion works perfectly! Very strange, but it works.

Comment

Working...
    X