Newb with Fatal1ty 990fx Pro

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Newb with Fatal1ty 990fx Pro

First off a hello to everyone and a thanks for putting together a place to get questions answered.

I'm new to the ASRock products and pretty much below average about computer stuff. I'm not a tweeker or anything like that, but that might change since it seems PCs are getting easier to use for simple people like myself.

OK first of many questions.
    I just started putting together a new PC (not running yet) using the Fatal1ty Pro 990fx series MOBO and while looking at the manual I noticed the "Dual LAN - Teaming" thing, I understand the basics of what it says in the manual (which isn't much) that you can boost your LAN speed by using two ports and it's sees them as one connection. But what I wanted to ask, does it really boost your speeds by up to 2x, will it boost internet speed using a cable modem, is it easy to setup (program wise), and what can anyone tell me about it that the manual doesn't cover?

Sorry if these are simple questions but I never delt with this type of thing, if there's a thread about it already please link to it so people don't need to type it out again.

Re: Newb with Fatal1ty 990fx Pro

it dont work to speed up your internet speeds. that would require a internet connection of download speeds of 2 GB most internet providers give out up to 50 Mbps. All it will do is bottleneck at your modem. Its not worth the trouble it is to set up

Comment

Thanks D3adm4nn, I thought it sounded to good to be true.

Now I need help
      I got to the point to install the OS, but it stops saying there's no CD/DVD drive or needs to install drivers, it got to that point using the DVD drive I installed, the OS is Win7-64 Home. I tried putting in the MOBO disc but it can't find the drivers on there.
      Want to add I'm using two HDD in RAID-0, when I go into the RAID menu it shows the DVD drive in there too. Don't know what to do about this either, or if it should be that way?

Comment

the dvd drivers are on the os disk. try a differant copy of windows to see if it shows up

Comment

Thanks again

I only got one copy of Win7, so couldn't try another.

I looked around the forum a little and seen something about the drivers are in the RAID setup drivers for another model MOBO, my USB memory stick was messed up some how and got the DVD drive working using another memery stick.

Now I just need to get a good video card(s) and I'll be ready to start playing with this thing.

Comment

Working...
          X