asrock z68 extream4 gen3

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• asrock z68 extream4 gen3

Hi everyone i am new here and I have never had to ask for help before but this one has me stumped and because I am stationed in germany i hope i can fix it with out having to RMA my new parts.

I just put a new system together with

asrock z68 extream4 gen3
    i5 2500k
    sapphire 6970
    16gb gkill ripjaw x 1600
    rosswell 1000w psu

so I install windows and install the mobo drivers and everything is fine. Windows installed standard vga drivers for the 6970.
    I install the 6970 drivers from the disk reboot and get a bsod with atikmpeg.sys as the problem. I dont have the internet at home for a few more days so I went to the USO with my external HD and downloaded drivers 11.3 11.7 11.8 and 11.9 thinking there was a conflict. Installed the drivers and same thing happens on reboot atikmpeg.sys

I dont have another video card to test with or another PC to test with. at the moment I might know a guy who has a desktop that can support the video card.

Not many people have desktops in the arm :(. I dont know what to do or what parts to RMA I am hoping on thur when i get the internet and update all the drivers i might be able to get it to read. does anyone have any idea what it could be ? the video card or the mobo pcie slots maybe?

Also when testing the other drivers i removed all but 1 stick of ram to see if that was the problem. have not tried any other sticks of ram but prob will when i go home tonight.

Also i was able to update the bios to 1.10 but it did not fix it.

Re: asrock z68 extream4 gen3

clean all drivers off the system and do a fresh install of 11.9
    and make sure your memory timings are set to spec

Comment

the timings on the ram were off they were 9-9-9-28 and i changed it to 9-9-9-24 like it says on the ram. Whats the best way to clean all the drivers off ? i will just do a fresh install of windows and go right to the 11.9. i think i might of already tried it. I am dropping the card off at a sgt who can test the video card on his PC. will get back to you Thursday when i get the card back from him and let you know what he said.

Comment

i took the card to my friend he did not want to install it told me to just RMA it because it had a burnt smell in it. which I did not even think about doing and we looked at it and saw some bad solder points.

Comment

eh physical damage might throw a wrench into your RMA ( post photos ? )
          its normal for a new gpu to have a SLIGHT electrical smell .. if something was really burnt it should't even post normally

Comment

letting my sgt test the card this weekend. Will find out more. here are the dmp files i have been getting.

Comment

Working...
            X