Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Asrock Fatal1ty z68 Dr. Debug code 30!!!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Fatal1ty z68 Dr. Debug code 30!!!!!

Hey all,

I ordered a whole computer Tuesday (18th) and installed everything with ease (different board at this time). Its life started off with a Gigabyte z68 mobo / Intel 2500k / 8-gig Corsair 1600 / ATI 6970 / 850-watt Corsair / etc... During loading Windows 7 everything felt extremely sluggish, every I installed had at least a 30-45 second lag time before it started installing. upon further investigation, I noticed that this Gigabyte board was overclocking my processor (higher and lower -like 3.6/3.7 ghz to 3.2ghz) on every reboot. Plus settings in the board didn't respond 100% of the time; turning off the "green" savers. My first conclusion was my motherboard is more or less defective; boarderline DOA.

After I RMA the item back to Newegg on Thursday I bought the newer Asrock Fatal1ty z68 (main board I've wanted since I saw the p67 design). This mobo looks AWESOME! Although, when I installed all my other hardware and turned on the computer my display didn't appear. I then thought it needed to read off its own HDMI port first; but no luck. I then looked at the board and noticed a number 30 coming from the Debugger LCD. The manual is VERY limited as to what this code means. Does anyone know??? I hear no beeps, no awkward sounds, nothing.

So basically does this board have a bad bios? Is my CPU the actual corrupt?? I don't know what to do anymore.

PS. I've been building computer since 2000 and I know my way around them quite well, so just give me a straight answer; in addition, Im still waiting for tech support from ASrock to answer this too.

Thanks guys,
    Kenneth K.

Re: Asrock Fatal1ty z68 Dr. Debug code 30!!!!!

Indicates RAM problem, believe it or not I also had the same thing happen. Error code 30. The RAM needs to be in all the way, both the top and the bottom need to be pushed in pretty hard, so once you push in the top, make sure you push the bottom part in completely. The Fatal1ty makes it look like you just have to push the top part in. Obviously your ram could be bad too, so try just using one stick at a time making sure its in all the way.

Hope this helps.

Comment

I went though the ram already, but I'll try again and see what happens.

Thanks!

Comment

Okay I took more time today and this is what happened...

my Asrock board "doesn't" like dual channel at ALL! I could place my ram (4x2 Corsair 1600) in slots 1a and 1b -red slots- no video, code 30; I could place them in slots 2a and 2b -black slot- no video, code 30; I could place a single module in either a1 and/or a2 with no video, code 30. But I'm able to install ram into b1 or b2 and get video code 60 (as in its working).

Of course this works with that memory placement, but now im in single channel mode. I cannot get the board into a dual channel configuration. Do I have a bad board??? Do I have to configure anything ???

Ken

Comment

Working...
        X