Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock z68 pro3 uefi mouse problem

Hi,
    i am using the Asrock z68 pro3 with bios 1.60.Overall i am very satisfied.
    I only have 2 problems.
    1)My usb mouse, Microsoft Habu doesn't work on bios.
    2)Often (not always) when bios posting,it stops on the first line for like 15 seconds.Dont know why.

Any help would be appreciated.

Re: Asrock z68 pro3 uefi mouse problem

Exactly the same error(no mouse support and alot of delay on booting) with microsoft habu.Seems it affects also other asrock z68 motherboards.On the other support forum:

Comment

Here is what I see:

All is well except the following:

Mobo is ASRock Z68 Pro3-M.
      Case is Antec Fusion Remote Black

1) Plug in USB mouse to front USB connectors. Start machine. Mouse lights up and works fine - e.g. if enter BIOS setup with F2.
      2) However, once WIN7 boots - mouse stops working.
      3) Unplug the mouse with Windows running and re-plug, the mouse starts working again - till the next reboot.
      4) I am not 100% certain but it appears that ANY USB device plugged into the front USB ports has the same issue.

I played around with changing "Legacy USB" settings in BIOS setup. But no help.

I have noticed though that I see a status code displayed at the bottom right of the ASRock splash screen at startup that I think did not use to be there. I have seen two codes:

1) I got a B4 code (after changing Legacy USB settings in BIOS) and the machine froze at the ASRock Splash screen - could not even enter BIOS setup.
      2) I now get a A4 code (after changing Legacy USB settings in BIOS to Auto). The machine boots in wondows normally.

Does nayone know what the BIOS POST codes mean?

Thx

Comment

My issue resolved by trying a different USB mouse - even though the original USB mouse works fine on another system.

thx.

Originally posted by binone View Post
        Here is what I see:

All is well except the following:

Mobo is ASRock Z68 Pro3-M.
        Case is Antec Fusion Remote Black

1) Plug in USB mouse to front USB connectors. Start machine. Mouse lights up and works fine - e.g. if enter BIOS setup with F2.
        2) However, once WIN7 boots - mouse stops working.
        3) Unplug the mouse with Windows running and re-plug, the mouse starts working again - till the next reboot.
        4) I am not 100% certain but it appears that ANY USB device plugged into the front USB ports has the same issue.

I played around with changing "Legacy USB" settings in BIOS setup. But no help.

I have noticed though that I see a status code displayed at the bottom right of the ASRock splash screen at startup that I think did not use to be there. I have seen two codes:

1) I got a B4 code (after changing Legacy USB settings in BIOS) and the machine froze at the ASRock Splash screen - could not even enter BIOS setup.
        2) I now get a A4 code (after changing Legacy USB settings in BIOS to Auto). The machine boots in wondows normally.

Does nayone know what the BIOS POST codes mean?

Thx

Comment

A4 is memory wait state its normal .. ignore it

Comment

Originally posted by redboul View Post
            Exactly the same error(no mouse support and alot of delay on booting) with microsoft habu.Seems it affects also other asrock z68 motherboards.On the other support forum:

Z68 Extreme4 - UEFI Prompt / USB Maus
            No responce from Asrock officials?!
            I saw that for other mouses they released beta bioses for the customers.. :(

Comment

Hoping for a solution...

Comment

up

Comment

Working...
                X