• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 880GHX/USB3 bios does not detect external HDD by USB3 rear port

Hi everyone

I have the following problem with

MoBo 880GXH/USB3 BIOS VERSION 1.10
    SO WINDOWS 7 64bit

I bought an external HDD with USB3 port and with windows it perfectly works. The problem occurs when booting: BIOS does not detect the external HDD if connected by USB3. It does not appear in the boot options. The same happens with Linux based programs with the latest Kernel version that is supposed to work well with USB3.

Someone suggested the reason could be USB3 controller is third part so that I contacted Fresco logic and they sent me the latest driver version but no way problem remains.

Take into account both BIOS and LINUX based programs detect the HDD in the following cases:
    1) HDD connected to any USB2 port
    2) HDD connected to rear USB3 port by USB2 cable

Any suggestion is appreciated.

thanks

Re: 880GHX/USB3 bios does not detect external HDD by USB3 rear port

Dear Customer,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will send the latest BIOS to you for testing.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD
    Emily

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
      Dear Customer,

Please kindly provide your e-mail for me, I will send the latest BIOS to you for testing.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD
      Emily
      thank you Emily.

Just sent email by PM

Comment

Originally posted by ASRock TSD - Emily View Post
        Dear Customer,

Thanks!

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD
        Emily
        Hi Emily,
        I updated the BIOS L1.22 but the situation is even worse. BIOS does not detect the HDD and after windows starts, once in a while a message appears on the screen "maintanance needed" (rough translation from Italian because I do not remember by heart the exact text). If I click OK, the maintanance starts eventually stating everything is fine. So that I came back to 1.20 version. No further "maintanance" message but the original problem is still alive.

I, just to try every option, connected a CORSAIR pen drive USB3 to the USB3 port but neither the BIOS nor the LINUX based programs detected it.

These are the models HHD and external enclosure
        HDD SAMSUNG HD103SJ
        ENCLOSURE LC-POWER LC-35USB3

Do you have any further suggestion?

best regards

Comment

Originally posted by armageddon1966 View Post
          Hi Emily,
          I updated the BIOS L1.22 but the situation is even worse. BIOS does not detect the HDD and after windows starts, once in a while a message appears on the screen "maintanance needed" (rough translation from Italian because I do not remember by heart the exact text). If I click OK, the maintanance starts eventually stating everything is fine. So that I came back to 1.20 version. No further "maintanance" message but the original problem is still alive.

I, just to try every option, connected a CORSAIR pen drive USB3 to the USB3 port but neither the BIOS nor the LINUX based programs detected it.

These are the models HHD and external enclosure
          HDD SAMSUNG HD103SJ
          ENCLOSURE LC-POWER LC-35USB3

Do you have any further suggestion?

best regards

any suggestion?

Comment

Dear armageddon1966,

Due to hardware design, 880GHX/USB3 doesn't support booting from USB3.0 port.

If you want to boot from USB, please kindly plug the device to USB2.0 ports.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Thanks!

Have a nice day
            ASRock TSD
            Emily

Comment

I will send the latest BIOS to you for testing.

Comment

Originally posted by depuepedro View Post
                I will send the latest BIOS to you for testing.

which one??
                I have already tested L1.22 but it did not work. Actually it was much worse then P1.20.

Comment

Working...
                X