Z68 AsRock Extreme4 Gen3 - Constant rebooting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 AsRock Extreme4 Gen3 - Constant rebooting

I've just built a new machine and it randomly powers off and reboots occasionally. Sometimes it boots straight back up, but other times it will not power on until I hit the 'Clear CMOS' button on the motherboard. Sometimes it doesn't even finish booting before it powers off again.

These are the specifications:
    Intel i5 2500k 3.3Ghz (at stock speed).
    AsRock Extreme4 Gen 3 motherboard (with 1.10 BIOS update).
    2 x 4GB RAM modules in A2 and B2 (have also tried in A1/B1)
    Corsair AX750 modular PSU.
    Windows 7 Ultimate SP1.
    Two SATA3 7200rpm Western Digital Caviar Green 1TB HDDs.
    GTX560TI graphics card.

I have tried everything people on here have suggested and also on other forums. I have tried the following:
    removed CMOS battery, rewired all components, swapped RAM modules, set vcore to 1.2v, set vcore offset, updated BIOS to 1.10, reinstalled Windows, tried loading preset overclocks. Since it crashes sometimes even at the UEFI I do not believe it could be related to the operating system.

I was initially told it was to do with the igpu not getting enough voltage and would be resolved with a discrete video card; with a nVidia GTX560TI installed the problem persists. At first, having a fixed vcore of 1.2v appeared to solve this, and I was able to play games for about 12 hours before it crashed again.

I have heard that there is an unreleased BIOS update which may solve this problem? Is this available for download, and if not when will it be released?

Re: Z68 AsRock Extreme4 Gen3 - Constant rebooting

Hey man,

Just thought I'd throw you my $.02.

If everything is running at stock speed, I'd say it's hardware, not software.

I would,

1. Load optimized defaults in bios.

2. Make sure your rams XMP profile is correct in the bios. If it is, try a different brand of ram. Memory is fickle, and can cause random reboots. You could memtest it and run prime95 and see if it's even stress test capable. I'd start here.

PS What brand ram? My nose smells ram issues lol.

Good luck, hope this helps.

Comment

Working...
    X