Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Extreme7 Sound Problem

Hi,
    I have an Extreme7 board and the onboard sound works perfectly. I have a PCI soundcard which is the m-audio 2496 which I want to use instead of the onboard sound. After installing my card and the latest drivers for Win7 64bit SP1 (I'm running Win7Pro 64bit), the card is present in device manager and 'Device is working properly' message looks good. I cannot, however, get any sound from the card and I'm completely confused as to why. I've disabled onboard sound in BIOS and I have tried previous drivers that I had working on my old PC (same OS version) but it's still not working. I even thought it was a problem with my card so I bought another exact same card and I'm getting exactly the same issue. I have retested both cards and they are working in another system. I have also tested the audio cable from the card to my amplifier and that is working. Please help!!!

-edit- I have also tried CMOS clear, reinstalling windows and same problem. I have retested the card once again in my other system (MSI P67 board, 2500K CPU, Win7 64bit) and it works fine there. I'm guessing there's something dodgy going on with the PCI slot on my Extreme7 but it's a weird one as the card is recognised, the drivers load up fine but simply no sound coming from it.
    Last edited by Pablos; 09-19-2011, 11:36 AM.
Working...
X