Asrock 990fx Extreme4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock 990fx Extreme4

Hi there, I have just installed this board and I am finding a few small quirks. Is anyone else having issues with mouse not working in uefi as well as it locking up all the time while you are trying to change things?

Any help appreciated

Re: Asrock 990fx Extreme4

Yes I had the same problem. Seems there is a problem with the MB Keyboard and Mouse PS/2 connection ports themselves or a bios issue. I tried different keyboards and mice and kept having problems getting into the bios until I used my USB splitter adapter then the issue went away.

Comment

Re: Asrock 990fx Extreme4

I have a similar experience with the predecessor board, the 890FX Deluxe 5. After BIOS (UEFI) update from 1.60 to 1.80 both PS2 ports for KB and mouse were gone and did not return. The USB-port recognised my mouse after moving it from PS2 to a USB-port. Since UEFI relies on both KB and mouse (normal BIOS-versions only use the KB), finalisation of the update was more difficult, but when finally achieved both USB-mouse and -KB continued on functioning. But my XP installation show two exclamation marks to the PS2 ports when "show hidden devices" is activated in hardware overview.

I send this info to ASRock support as well, to se what their advice is: wait for the next BIOS release, go back to an earlier one (1.70 or the original 1.60 with both PS2 ports working OK) or just clear the CMOS once....)

:-D on thuis

Comment

Working...
      X