Dr Debug code 56 - Invalid CPU type or Speed

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr Debug code 56 - Invalid CPU type or Speed

Just put together a new rig and I can not get it to post. All the codes Dr Debug shows seem to be normal start up except for 56. It doesn't hang on 56 but rather goes through a few more codes. The last code to show is 60 and then the LED's just start freaking out, kinda looks like its switching between a couple codes but way too fast to make out anything. I also get no video output but the fan's do start up. I have tried clearing the CMOS, re-seating the CPU, different RAM slots, 1 stick of RAM and still get the same results. My specs; ASRock P67 Extreme4, i5 2500k, 2x2 GB GSkill Ripjaw X 1600, and a Corsair VX550. I've double checked to make sure 24 pin and 8 pin are properly connected and I'm 100% certain the PSU works as I use it in my other rig. Any idea what would be causing this error, MB, CPU, or RAM? Unfortunately I don't have any spare parts to test and I don't know anyone close by with a socket 1155 system that I could use to test. Thanks in advance for any help!

edit: Here's a list of the codes that I can make out; 08, 18, 19, 38, 98, 56, 46, 49, 08, 18, 19, 38, 32, 98, 4F, 88, 60. After that the LED's just start going crazy and it hangs, doesn't reboot. I suppose some of the 8's could also be B's, kind of hard to tell on the display.
    Last edited by blazed_1; 09-14-2011, 06:55 PM.

Re: Dr Debug code 56 - Invalid CPU type or Speed

anybody?

Comment

Working...
    X