Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

HELP! My Asrock 880GMH/U3S3 temps skyrocket in bios mode ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HELP! My Asrock 880GMH/U3S3 temps skyrocket in bios mode ?

Hi, Any help on this one:

My brand new board Asrock 880GMH/U3S3 has some kind of problem. Every single time when I boot to bios I can see the temps start to increase. When it gets to above 80c I have to shut it down to avoid it going too high.
    This thing has happened in Windows (Win7 64bit) a couple of times as well and I have had to shut the system down. It also tends to behave differently sometimes when the power saving works and the processor idles down in speed and idle temps are ok at 34-35c. But now when I type this for instance it does not throttle down the processor speed at all it keeps it at 3200Mhz and I have not touched the bios settings. Also it has at some point shown wrong or inconsistent readings on temps and fanspeed etc. when comparing the readings in Asrock Extreme Tuning Utility, SpeedFan and CoreTemp (I also use CPU-Z to comapre core voltage and stuff).

First I thought it was my new six core 1090T BE (Thuban) processor that was the problem because it would not run through stress tests (prime95) without the system shutting down (no blue screen, just powers off). So I updated the bios to 1,4 but to no avail. Then I put in my older X4 955BE processor and the same happens but it can handle the stress test so far (i.e. 2 hours and max temps at 74c) without problems.

Do I have a faulty mobo and have to RMA it or what (its brand new)? All in all I think it behaves strangely ...any of you guys heard of these kinda problems? .....and I'm no newbie in setting up systems or overclocking for that matter.

PS. Also when I look at the storage/hard disks in bios it shows my two 1Tb disks but not the Crucial 64Gb SSD. But it does show (thank heavens) it in the boot selection/priority menu so I can boot it up (because I have the Win7 64bit on it).

EDIT: I've also tried different RAM modules (both 1600 and 1333's) without success.

Specs: 10Gb of RAM DDR3 1333 9-9-9-24
    PSU 430W
    Gigabyte HD 5770
    Last edited by Tunkki; 08-24-2011, 04:32 PM.

Re: HELP! My Asrock 880GMH/U3S3 temps skyrocket in bios mode ?

Originally posted by Tunkki View Post
    Hi, Any help on this one:

My brand new board Asrock 880GMH/U3S3 has some kind of problem. Every single time when I boot to bios I can see the temps start to increase. When it gets to above 80c I have to shut it down to avoid it going too high.
    This thing has happened in Windows (Win7 64bit) a couple of times as well and I have had to shut the system down. It also tends to behave differently sometimes when the power saving works and the processor idles down in speed and idle temps are ok at 34-35c. But now when I type this for instance it does not throttle down the processor speed at all it keeps it at 3200Mhz and I have not touched the bios settings. Also it has at some point shown wrong or inconsistent readings on temps and fanspeed etc. when comparing the readings in Asrock Extreme Tuning Utility, SpeedFan and CoreTemp (I also use CPU-Z to comapre core voltage and stuff).

First I thought it was my new six core 1090T BE (Thuban) processor that was the problem because it would not run through stress tests (prime95) without the system shutting down (no blue screen, just powers off). So I updated the bios to 1,4 but to no avail. Then I put in my older X4 955BE processor and the same happens but it can handle the stress test so far (i.e. 2 hours and max temps at 74c) without problems.

Do I have a faulty mobo and have to RMA it or what (its brand new)? All in all I think it behaves strangely ...any of you guys heard of these kinda problems? .....and I'm no newbie in setting up systems or overclocking for that matter.

PS. Also when I look at the storage/hard disks in bios it shows my two 1Tb disks but not the Crucial 64Gb SSD. But it does show (thank heavens) it in the boot selection/priority menu so I can boot it up (because I have the Win7 64bit on it).

EDIT: I've also tried different RAM modules (both 1600 and 1333's) without success.

Specs: 10Gb of RAM DDR3 1333 9-9-9-24
    PSU 430W
    Gigabyte HD 5770

Comment

Working...
    X