Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z68 Pro3-M issues

Hi,

I have many various issues with the board.. could post them later but I'm rather interested if you are still working on BIOS updates for this one and if you know when it will be available and what it will fix?

Shortly.. this board kinda works but it's unreliable.

I'm gonna try 64bit Windows this weekend, maybe that would fix smthg..

Re: Asrock Z68 Pro3-M issues

Maybe this was wrong place to ask about new BIOS but anyway I'm still having other problems.

Cold starting computer (after shutdown, not restart) always brings up "BOOTMGR is missing.. Press Ctrl+Alt+Del", anyone else experiencing the same?
    This is with SSD drive as primary (connected into SATA3 0 port). I have another 1TB disk in SATA2 2 port and actually this one pops up as primary in boot menu after entering BIOS due error message ^

Had few other smaller problems but they seem to be history after installing 64bit Windows and drivers.

Didn't manage to test IGPU and Virtu functionality yet but will do soon because it didn't work at all in 32bit environment at least.

Oh yea.. "Turbo 50" feature doesn't work, goes into boot loop.
    "Load Optimized CPU OC setting" can run only at 4GHz because anything higher bumps CPU temp over 70C at 100% load even I have 3 case fans and Noctua cooler. Idle temp is 28C btw. 40+ Celsius increase at 4GHz is not acceptable and I don't know what is it up to? Any 2500k should do 4.5Ghz

Comment

what is the detailed specification of your computer?

Did you make a fresh install of Win7 with only SSD (i.e. without any HDD) and with AHCI enabled?

Comment

Originally posted by dolpli View Post
        what is the detailed specification of your computer?

Did you make a fresh install of Win7 with only SSD (i.e. without any HDD) and with AHCI enabled?
        I did install Windows 7 64bit with only SSD AHCI connected into SATA3 port, 1tb HDD was offline.

Yesterday cold start worked for once!? but then again it reset itself after disconnecting power cable from PSU which caused "BOOTMGR missing" message again.

I can also tell you that the most loud component in my PC is mobo southbridge, can clearly hear buzzing in the lower part of mobo

my specs:
        Core i5-2500k + Noctua NH-U9B SE2
        Asrock Z68 Pro3-M BIOS 1.40
        Exeleram 2x2gb ER3006A 1600Mhz CL6
        Asus HD6850 DirectCUV2
        OCZ Vertex 2 120
        Be Quiet! E8-CM 580W
        Last edited by Hubis; 08-23-2011, 04:17 AM. Reason: ahci

Comment

btw, was your ssd new & clean when installing win7? If yes, then did you do something on the first 100MB partition?

Well, if you have the win7 installation disk, try using the disk to boot up and repair your win7.

Comment

SSD wasn't new but it had w7 32bit installed already, and it was working just fine in my previous rig.

I deleted both partitions, system 100mb and the rest, before installing 64bit OS.

Will try win7 repair then, thanks.

Comment

Related to this thread, I also would like to know if a new bios will be out very soon. I just bought the extreme 3 gen 3, and it doesnt work for crap except at stock, default settings and speeds. I have 30 days to return it, and it will happen much sooner than that if nothing improves.

Comment

Comment

Working...
                X