X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• where is my memory ?

Hello,
    I am looking for my memory...
    I have asrock pro3-m with 2x2gb ram installed and bios show it correct (4gb).
    I am using only integrated graphic card with 512mb ram assigned by bios. I have 2 monitor connected to it.
    Core i7 2600K cpu.
    Window show me 2.48gb usable ram of 4gb total ram.
    Ok for 512mb ram used for addressing gfx card, but where my other 1gb is ?
    thank you

Re: where is my memory ?

hey mate, it sounds like to me that your graphics card is stealing your video memory or that youre using a 32bit operating system, either seem likely, more so the latter of the two. what operating system are you running? if youre on windows 7, right click "computer" and select properties, it will have your operating system in their, displaying either 32 or 64 bit. if its 32 then thats why youre only getting just under 3gb ram. if it is 64 ans still shows the 3gb, then right clikc the desktop and go to screen resolution then click advanced settings and it will tell you how much dedicated and how much including the shared.

Comment

You need to activate Memory Remap Feature or something similar from BIOS if that option exists. And, as ABEIQ pointed out, you need a 64bit OS.
      Gizas! what a mess :)

Comment

Found it.
        I have 1gb shared ram and 512mb dedicated ram, both for integrated gxcard.
        I dont play game, i use only window's programs. How can I lower the shared ram ? there is no option in bios, only dedicated ram option is avaiable.
        Any idea ?
        Yes i have win 32bit

Comment

Originally posted by alfredolo View Post
          Found it.
          I have 1gb shared ram and 512mb dedicated ram, both for integrated gxcard.
          I dont play game, i use only window's programs. How can I lower the shared ram ? there is no option in bios, only dedicated ram option is avaiable.
          Any idea ?
          Yes i have win 32bit
          You can't access all your RAM in a 32 bit Win 7. One explanation of what fills up the virtual memory map is here:

Welcome to Windows Live -- Mark Russinovich

64 bit Win 7 will give you a much larger virtual memory that will be able to map all your physical memory.

Forgot to mention that I saw 8GB memory for $50 at Fry's.
          Last edited by brukster; 08-06-2011, 06:23 PM.

Comment

I tried window 64 but it has some problems.
            Firefox run in 32bit mode and crash a lot of time each day. Firefox 64bit beta dont support some plugin i need as programmer.
            Chrome in 32bit mode crash every time a flash animation start. Chrome 64 bit will be avaiable in few months.

Comment

Originally posted by alfredolo View Post
              Firefox run in 32bit mode and crash a lot of time each day. Firefox 64bit beta dont support some plugin i need as programmer.
              Chrome in 32bit mode crash every time a flash animation start. Chrome 64 bit will be avaiable in few months.
              Firefox seems stable to me. I agree with you about Chrome and Flash. For that matter, Firefox and Flash too. Both crash frequently when running Flash. I don't think this has anything to do with the 64 bit operating system though.

Pretty hard to avoid 64 bit operating systems at this point. Resistance is useless!
              Last edited by brukster; 08-07-2011, 01:21 PM. Reason: Grarmpitutty!

Comment

Working...
              X