Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock K7 upgrade 600 + 754 bridge AMD Athlon 64 3400+

Hi All,

I know that this mobo is quite old, however was wondering if anybody here have / had experience with it.
    I'm trying to install an AMD Athlon 64 3400+ on the 754 bridge card and it's not working, I get no post, no beeping, nothing. I followed up the instructions in the mobo manual regarding setup of jumpers (disable socket A and enable socket 754 on card), reset the CMOS (both jumper option and removal of battery for half hour), I had flashed the latest BIOS 1.90 even though supposedly all BIOS support the 754 card and the mentioned CPU. Before purchasing the cpu I checked in asrock site the cpu compatibility list for the mobo and it all matches. Since I couldn't get it to work, I went back to my old harware config with a Sempron 2200+ in socket A (462) and it worked. I know that the new cpu works as it was tested by vendor and it has a warranty. Any hints, tips, help altogether would be appreciated.

P.S. I did a search on the forum and couldn't find anything, also google and even wrote to asrock support and after 3 days I haven't received any response.

Re: Asrock K7 upgrade 600 + 754 bridge AMD Athlon 64 3400+

I hadn't that board, but just for your post to get some reply: Have you removed all components: CPU, RAM and AGP card relating Socket A(462) before installing the ones relating Socket754? Have you connected bridge's independent (4 pin +12V ATX) power connector?

Also, for a correct CMOS clear do:
    1- Disconnect main,
    2- Press the power button once (in order to flush any remaining input capacitor charges)
    3- Either, press cmos-clear button, (or) short-circuit the related jumper, or take away the battery for an hour, whichever possible for the board.

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
      I hadn't that board, but just for your post to get some reply: Have you removed all components: CPU, RAM and AGP card relating Socket A(462) before installing the ones relating Socket754? Have you connected bridge's independent (4 pin +12V ATX) power connector?

Also, for a correct CMOS clear do:
      1- Disconnect main,
      2- Press the power button once (in order to flush any remaining input capacitor charges)
      3- Either, press cmos-clear button, (or) short-circuit the related jumper, or take away the battery for an hour, whichever possible for the board.
      Hi bahram_alinezhad, thank you for the tip.

I did removed all components for the Socket A: CPU, RAM and AGP card (Video card Nvidia Geforce fx 5200) before installing the ones relating socket 754; also I did connect the 4 pin +12V ATX power connector.

On the CMOS clear, I did press the power button while disconnected from the main, did the short-circuit related to jumper and removed the battery for 1/2 hour and when I started the pc (back with the old processor) I had to set system clock, etc; thus CMOS was indeed reset.

Thanks again.

Comment

How about setting up CPU Multiplier Jumper (J1, 5x3-pin) manually?

Comment

Hi, did you manage to get it to boot ?
          I'm I also upgrading it with same components.

Comment

Should I clear CMOs after I unplugg old CPU and RAM ?

Or should I clear CMOS after I install new CPU 3400 and RAM on bridge card ?

Comment

Originally posted by vejn View Post
              Should I clear CMOs after I unplugg old CPU and RAM ?

Or should I clear CMOS after I install new CPU 3400 and RAM on bridge card ?
              Hi vejn, I cleared the CMOS several times after installation, then removed the card, went back to original setup and cleared again, still I had no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
                How about setting up CPU Multiplier Jumper (J1, 5x3-pin) manually?

Hi, for some reason I didn't get a notification of this answer back in it's day, but yes, I believe I've tried that again with no luck.

Comment

Originally posted by pharmako View Post
                  Hi, for some reason I didn't get a notification of this answer back in it's day, but yes, I believe I've tried that again with no luck.
                  Did you do it like this

It says taht you don't need to clear cmos.
                  I will try to plug in bridge card in 2 weeks.

Comment

Originally posted by vejn View Post
                    Did you do it like this

It says taht you don't need to clear cmos.
                    I will try to plug in bridge card in 2 weeks.

Hi, I did, also I had to move the video car to a lower PCI port as otherwise I wouldn't have been able to insert the K8 bridge. I clear the CMOS after several attempts to get to POST failed.

Comment

Working...
                    X