Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BIOS problem and update question (ASRock Z68 Extreme4)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BIOS problem and update question (ASRock Z68 Extreme4)

Hello all,

I just installed a second radeon 6970 in crossfire, and now everytime I boot up, my ASRock Z68 Extreme4 enters in to BIOS (UEFI).

The only way I can get out of this cycle is to "exit and discard changes" after which it boots fine and runs properly.

Any ideas on why this is happening?

I have a few BIOS question related to this is (currently running UEFI 1.2):

Are there any settings needed for crossfire in BIOS?
    If I update BIOS to the new version 1.6, will my settings be cleared out?
    If my settings are cleared out, will I have problems re-setting up my RAID 0 (i.e. will my drive get erased)?

Thanks for any help you can give me; I appreciate it.

Re: BIOS problem and update question (ASRock Z68 Extreme4)

Have the same MB with a 2500k@4400 and 2 5850s in crossfire. 2 6970s? WOW! First I would update to 1.60 BIOS. The 1.2 is old. Second, did you plug in the 4 pin molex on the MB designed for extra power when you run in Crossfire/SLI? Third what kind of PSU do you have? I doubt it will affect the RAID except you will have to go into the BIOS on boot and reset your particular settings SO before you update the BIOS, go into your present BIOS and carefully write down all of your specific BIOS settings. When that is done update to 1.60 and go into the BIOS and set your specifics, save and reboot.

Comment

Thanks for the reply, gkline.

My PSU is an 850W Seasonic SS-850HT, and yes I did plug in the extra power.

I guess I will update the BIOS now, but trying to decide which method to use. I am nervous about trying the windows update, but might go for that. Any advice as to which way is best? Also, is it risky to go with 1.6 since they just released it yesterday or are they pretty thorough in their testing before a release?

Thanks.

Comment

So, I successfully updated via windows to 1.6, and the problem still exists.

Every time I boot it launches into BIOS as if I pressed F2. Only started happening since I put in the crossfire...

Are there ANY settings in BIOS that relate to this that I should check?

Comment

Working...
        X