Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• System freezes at startup - IGD and HDMI

Hi Folks,

I am attempting to use the onboard graphics via the HDMI connector and experiencing lockups when system starts. The initial splash screen is displayed then it goes into my multi-boot screen, the choices are displayed and the "select an OS timer" counts down. When the timer gets to "1" (before it attempts to start any OS) the system just freezes. No BSOD, just freezes. Reset button does nothing and the system will power itself off after about 10-15 seconds. If I power the system back on, the BIOS setup splash screen is not displayed (just get a blinking cursor) and the system is frozen again. Resetting here sometimes works but sometimes I need to power off again. Doing this 2 or 3 times and the system eventually comes up. Doesn't seem to happen if I use the DVI connector but I've not tested that thoroughly yet.

Have also had 1 or maybe 2 freezes testing the hardware with the Halo 3 demo. Don't remember any freezes with Call of Duty demo. Will do further testing wtih Crysis or some other graphics intensive game (any suggestions would be appreciated).

I am using BIOS version 1.50 with stock settings. Not overclocking. Memory has been tested (memtest86+ for 8+ hours) and temps are low (couple degrees above ambient). OS's installed are WinXP (32 bit) and Vista (64 bit), but it never gets to any of them.

Don't know if this is related to the problem reported in the "BSOD A clock interrupt was not received" thread.

Anyone else have similar problems with onboard graphics and HDMI?

Thanks.

My system:
    Z68 Extreme4 (of course), BIOS version 1.50
    i7-2600K (NOT OC'd)
    Corsair H60 CPU cooler
    16GB Corsair Vengeance DDR3 @1600
    Corsair AX850 power supply
    Lite-On DVD burner
    WD Caviar Black 500GB on Sata3 (Intel not Marvell)
Working...
X