Asrock P67 Extreme4 SATA3 problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock P67 Extreme4 SATA3 problem

Hi guys. I have a bit of a problem here. Bought recently the P67 E4 mobo and if I put some of my 2 hdds or my DVD on the SATA3 ports I can't see them in the bios (1.80 version) but when i boot the Windows they are there. If they are plugged to the SATA2 there is no problem, only with SATA3. What to do? Thanks.

Re: Asrock P67 Extreme4 SATA3 problem

Weird problem. Probably you did something wrong. Try to update UEFI:

New official UEFI for P67 Extreme4:

1. Update LAN boot ROM.
    2. Update RAID ROM.
    ASRock > Products > Motherboard > P67 Extreme4 > Download

Comment

Done but the problem still remains... The weirdest thing is that if I leave the one hdd, which is on the SATA3 and unplug the other on SATA2, the computer says that there is no Windows to load but actually there is (on the Seagate 500GB I got Win XP and on the 2TB Hitachi I got Win7). The only way to load the OS is to plug the one of the two HDDs to the SATA2 port. Maybe there is a different cable for the SATA3 drive because I use the SATA2 cables? I don't know what I'm doing wrong...

Comment

Are you using intel or marvel sata3? If marvel did you enable marvel and select that it could have boot devices? When you moved it to sata2 did you select it as a boot device in the boot order ?

Comment

Originally posted by anewbie View Post
          Are you using intel or marvel sata3? If marvel did you enable marvel and select that it could have boot devices? When you moved it to sata2 did you select it as a boot device in the boot order ?
          Thanks man, that was the problem - Marvel SATA3 Bootable was disabled. I enabled it and now I can see my both HDDs and to choose from who to boot my OS.

Comment

Working...
          X