Asrock Z68 Pro3 PCI-E

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z68 Pro3 PCI-E

Hello, I just bought an Asrock Z68 Pro3 a couple of days ago and decided to try out a Palit 9600 GSO with it. However, the motherboard doesn't seem to be able to see it. I plugged both of my monitors into the 9600 but both have blank displays. It might sound stupid, but am I missing something? The card is working just fine on my older computer. I just really need to know so I can return the motherboard if the PCI-E slot is broken. Thank you.

Re: Asrock Z68 Pro3 PCI-E

Are you setting pci-e #1 or #2 as your first display? Or disabling the onboard graphics?
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

I did set PCI-Express as the priority on boot at the BIOS and did set the shared memory to "Auto" which I believe should disable the onboard graphics.

Comment

Does the mb work with built in graphics? Look through each BIOS page and make sure that igpu is disabled,could try loading optimized defaults in the BIOS,it will reset all BIOS settings
        Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
        Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
        Razer Lycosa Keyboard
        Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!

Comment

Thank you for the prompt response. I've looked into every page and there's only one page for the graphics options (I believe it's in North Bridge config page). There's no option to disable the IGP but you can set the shared memory. The manual says I have to set it to Auto and so that when I insert a PCI-E card, the IGP would be disabled. Otherwise, I should set it to a specific capacity to allow me to use Surround display. I've tried doing both but the results are the same. No display on the NVIDIA card. I've tried installing ForceWare to see if Windows can see the card, but it's a no go meaning the PCI-E can't just be found. :/

EDIT: Btw, I'm using a Core i5 2500K so it's using the Intel HD2000 IGP.
          Last edited by MyNameIsRyan; 07-09-2011, 07:48 AM.

Comment

It could be a BIOS issue,I've seen lots have problems with ATI graphic cards not working,you need to pm Emily with your problem and email addy and she might send you a beta BIOS to try
            Razer Lycosa Keyboard
            Fractal Arc Midi Case

Comment

Well, I did just that and hope that everything would be okay. I hope it's just a BIOS issue and not a defective motherboard.

Comment

Still haven't heard from Asrock from here or email. :(

Comment

Anyone having problems like mine? Maybe we can solve it faster than with Asrock's support. :D

Comment

I don't have that motherboard, but I did add a video card to a z68 extreme4 last night. I had a blank screen initially and had to set the BIOS to PCI-E instead of Auto.

Comment

It seems like my mobo's having issues. I did the same thing as you (set priority to PCI-E, then set IGP shared memory to Auto) but still have nothing. I also tried to update the BIOS with the latest one and beta, but nothing changed. I guess it's time to bring back the motherboard and maybe get a different one. Too bad the z68 Gigabyte one's available here doesn't have VGA output, which is also weird.

Comment

That's a really orange video card. At least the one in this picture. I see that it has a six pin power connector on it. My GTX 460 had two of those and I had to use an adapter cable that came with the card, to supply power to both connectors.

Comment

Yeah, my XFX PSU has a couple of those PCI-E power connectors and tried to connect each of those into the card. Still, no signal. I also tried an even older 7300GT, still nothing.

Comment

Comment

Yes, I have the exact same issue with my XFX HD5770...I thought that my card was the issue but you are using an nvidia card it seems, so there goes that.
                              I have PCI-E selected as my primary adapter in the BIOS, but still nothing. Onboard graphics work fine, but crappy intel graphics are not gonna cut it.

@Wazza300 This board only has a single PCI-E x16 slot
                              @brukster I'm fairly sure my manual did not say anything about using a dedicated card....believe me I looked!!! Because I was sure I was missing something.
                              Last edited by GroBeMaus; 07-14-2011, 10:21 AM.

Comment

Working...
                              X