No announcement yet.

x58 extreme6 USB3 problem. please help!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• x58 extreme6 USB3 problem. please help!

Having troubles with the USB3 on the motherboard. I've installed the NEC USB3 drivers from the motherboard CD and everything appeared to be okay, I do not see any problem in the Device Manager. I have a seagate freeagent goflex usb3 external hard drive. When I try to transfer files between my PC and the seagate, I get an error message saying something about the directory is no longer there. The drive appears to have disconnect itself from the computer. I've been google'ing around and noticed that is a common issue. I tried reinstalling the drivers again but that did not fix. I tried all 6 usb3 ports and all have the same problem. I'm running Windows 7 64bit.

Re: x58 extreme6 USB3 problem. please help!

Bump. Come on, no one else has this problem? Is it power management related? Maybe when the hard sleeps?

Comment

From SONY/NEC/RENESAS Drivers & Firmwares installl the latest firmware 3.0.2.8.0.8 and drivers 2.1.16.0

Check in BIOS - Advanced - Chipset Configuration - PCIE Max Payload Size is set to default 128B (this fixed my same problem)

If your seagate freeagent goflex has JMicron bridge chip, upgrade the firmware. No problems with ASMedia or Fujitsu.

Comment

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately that firmware upgrade does not work if the motherboard has more than one usb3 controller (x58 extreme6 has 3 controllers). I hope asrock can do something about this. I will try the pcie payload.

Comment

Working...
        X