Deluxe3 + PII 955 overclocking

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Deluxe3 + PII 955 overclocking

Hey everyone, I did some searching before starting a new thread, couldn't seem to find what I was looking for. If I missed it and this has been discussed elsewhere, please let me know.

Anyway, I recently decided to try and push my Phenom II X4 955 as far as it would go. It seems fairly common that, with adequate cooling, a lot of people are able to hit the 4.0 GHz mark, some even slightly beyond that. I'm not new to overclocking, but I've even tried following a couple of guides and I'm still coming up short. 3.92GHz @1.5v (CPUz reports 1.55v under load), RAM 1680 7-8-7-24 @1.6v, IMC 2780 @1.375v. The weird thing is, where most get away with ~1.46 core voltage, mine seems to be hungry for it. 1.55v, from what I've read, is pretty much max, but anything less and I get BSOD's during Prime95. I don't think it's temperature related either, I set everything at stock and simply tweaked the multiplier up to the 3.9-4.0 GHz range to test, temps never exceeded 48*c but I still experienced BSOD's unless I pushed core voltage real high.

So...the Deluxe3 doesn't seem to be too popular of a board with the extreme overclocking community, I can't seem to find much (if any) info on what settings I might tweak to optimize my overclock. Anyone with a similar config have any tips for me?
Working...
X