sound through hdmi cable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• sound through hdmi cable

I have asrock g41m-s3 mb and nvidia geforce 9500gt video card and I wonder if there is any chance to have sound through hdmi cable.

Re: sound through hdmi cable

If your graphic card has hdmi port then yes,or mb has hdmi port but you would need to switch to onboard graphics to use it
    Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
    Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
    Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
    Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
    1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
    1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
    Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
    Razer Lycosa Keyboard
    Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
    Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
    K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
    L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
    Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
    Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
    http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
    Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by wazza300 View Post
      If your graphic card has hdmi port then yes,or mb has hdmi port but you would need to switch to onboard graphics to use it
      Where do I have to plug audio cable from mb to vga? There is an audio out with 9 pins and I think it is only for front panel audio and mic.

Comment

Using windows? First look at device manager under "sound, video and game controllers" to see which sound cards are installed. If some devices are not installed maybe it is the hdmi audio; then install it. If more than one sound card is installed (because your mb has an onboard Realtek sound card), you have to choose the default in control panel; Or, you can disable the onboard one in bios.

Comment

Originally posted by rbotezat View Post
          Where do I have to plug audio cable from mb to vga? There is an audio out with 9 pins and I think it is only for front panel audio and mic.
          No connection is required. An HDMI-support Graphic card has built-in audio chipset.

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
            No connection is required. An HDMI-support Graphic card has built-in audio chipset.
            Connection is required for nvidia geforce 9500gt 1024mb.

Comment

Originally posted by bahram_alinezhad View Post
              Using windows? First look at device manager under "sound, video and game controllers" to see which sound cards are installed. If some devices are not installed maybe it is the hdmi audio; then install it. If more than one sound card is installed (because your mb has an onboard Realtek sound card), you have to choose the default in control panel; Or, you can disable the onboard one in bios.
              The only sound card installed is the on board realtek.I have to plug 2 wires from mb to vga but I don't know where (the hd audio have 9 pins and I think is for front panel).

Comment

Originally posted by rbotezat View Post
                The only sound card installed is the on board realtek.I have to plug 2 wires from mb to vga but I don't know where (the hd audio have 9 pins and I think is for front panel).
                Have you your card's manual? Where did you find that "2 wires"? Are they digital or analog inputs? Sorry, I haven't seen such hdmi audio yet!!

Comment

Working...
                X