ASROCK NC68-S UCC Suddenly Died

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK NC68-S UCC Suddenly Died

I am a first time ASROCK motherboard buyer but to be honest I haven't had a very good time with the ASROCK N68-S UCC board so far.

The first board had to be RMA'd after a diode near the RAM slots decided to burn up and almost catch fire

We are now on board number 2 and I thought things were fixed and I had had a stable system up and running for the past 8 weeks.

However after a normal shutdown 2 days ago the machine now refuses to post with no beeps

Here are the system specs :-

ASROCK N68-S UCC Motherboard
    2 x DDR3 Corsair 1333 4GB RAM sticks
    AMD Phenom II x2 550 black
    (cores unlocked now x4 550 - overclocked by 10 % - temps normal never above 35 degrees, system *was* perfectly stable)
    Compro Videomate T750 TV Card
    VIA IDE/SATA Controller PCI Card (to cope with additional dvd-rom/hard drive)
    OCZ 500 PSU
    3 x IDE Drives (500 GB total storage)
    LG DVD-ROM

First of all is my PSU powerful enough to power this board?

Secondly can anyone shed any light on what happened?

I haven't changed any components and any core unlocking and/or overclocking changes were done via the bios and were stable for the past 8 weeks.

I have taken the board out of the case and have tested on an static free surface connecting only the CPU power lead, CPU, CPU fan, speaker and power switch. I have no posting and no beeps (almost exactly the same behaviour as the last board without the smoking diode I guess).

Also something that I would expect to help in this situation - resetting the cmos settings has done nothing - still same result. I even got desperate and removed the cmos battery for 24 hours and re-checked to make sure the settings were clear?

Would love to get this sorted because when the board is running it is great? Any pointers? Anything I have missed?

Thanks,
    Gary
    Last edited by first_time_asrocker; 06-28-2011, 08:39 AM. Reason: Typo

Re: ASROCK NC68-S UCC Suddenly Died

Bump ... Can somebody please respond on this?

Comment

Re: ASROCK NC68-S UCC Suddenly Died

Can somebody please answer this??

Surely the ASROCK support person should be able to tell me the supported/recommended PSU for this board at least?

Comment

Working...
      X