Extreme 4 need SM Bus controller and PCI communication controller

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme 4 need SM Bus controller and PCI communication controller

Im having trouble getting my printer to be recognized in win 7 and it might have nothing to do with it, but in device manager I found exclamation points next to SM Bus Controller and PCI Communication Controller. I went to Asrocks site and also tried windows update with no luck. Anyone know how I can get these installed properly?

Re: Extreme 4 need SM Bus controller and PCI communication controller

What means "Extreme 4"?!

Comment

Asrock P67 Extreme 4

Comment

The drivers are on your installation cd if you cant find them.
        Install the intel chipset drivers that is most likely your SM Bus controller issue , they are listed as INF driver on your disc.
        The PCI communication controller could be several things , but i suspect the chipset drivers will cover that also.
        I never looked as i just installed all the drivers off the disc except for the stuff i knew i didnt want/need.
        Then i did windows update, grabbed any updates from the mobo site, then grabbed the newest intel chipset drivers from Intel to get them all up-to-date.

Easiest thing to do in your case is just insert the ASRock disc and click drivers tab and choose install all option.
        Last edited by mtdew332; 06-26-2011, 09:47 AM.

Comment

Thanks very much, I thought I installed all that, but must have missed it. I was able to get the drivers I need by using Driver Genius, but thanks anyway.

Comment

Working...
          X