870 Extreme 3 Power Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 870 Extreme 3 Power Issues

Hi everyone, here is the problem that I'm having. After turning on the PC for a couple of minutes it shuts off automatically.

Here are the systems specs:

CPU: AMD Athlon II X4
    MB: ASRock 870 Extreme 3
    PSU:Sentey Extreme Rock Power 700W
    RAM: G.Skill 4GB DDR3 1333
    CPU Cooler: Corsair CWCH50

OK, now that you have the basic idea what I'm going through I'll get into more detail. As I stated before the PC will shut off after 2 to 3 minutes of turning it on. So first things first I disconnected all the unnecessary fans, hard drives, graphic cards, etc. I gave it another shot with still no luck.

I remembered the first time when I did my first test of the system I accidentally left out the 8 pin ATX 12V power connection. The computer stayed on for about 10 minutes until I realized that I left the 12V connection out, but when I plug in the power connection that is when this problem started to occur.

I thought the problem could be the power supply, so tried using a another PSU that I had but still no luck. The next step that I would like to try to see if the CPU was overheating but I need faster hands because when I get to the bios screen to check the temperatures it shuts off right when I get to the that screen.

So I'm down to two reasons why the motherboard shuts off:

1. The CPU maybe overheating. This is my first time using a water cooler, so I'm not sure if I installed it correctly.

2. Some other reason I don't know but hopefully someone can tell me.

I'll try to remove the battery from the motherboard today and leave it out for a couple of hours and see if that works.

Thank you for your time reading this. If you need any more information just let me know.

Re: 870 Extreme 3 Power Issues

Probably your CPU is overheated check cooling first, if you have put same air cooler on CPU and don't forget thermal-grease, and don't worry.

Comment

Re: 870 Extreme 3 Power Issues

Thanks for the reply, but I figured everything out. Everything is working now.

Comment

Working...
      X