How to boot to usb with Extreme 4?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How to boot to usb with Extreme 4?

I have a P67 Extreme 4 and in the UEFI it only lists 2 options in the boot menu. I can boot to either my hard drive or dvd drive, but it doesn't list a usb drive. How can I change this?

Re: How to boot to usb with Extreme 4?

For me to boot/post with my usb stick(fat 32) with stored bios versions, I have to change to ide storage from ahci.

For other usb drives Id enable all legacy devices in uefi, usb 2 and usb3 and , make all ports bootable under storage section.
    Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
    Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
    Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
    8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
    60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
    GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
    Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
    http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Re: How to boot to usb with Extreme 4?

I already have everything AHCI, but I will try your other suggestions thanks. Asrock support gave me the solution. I had the usb plugged into a 3.0 port. As soon as I moved it to a 2.0 i was able to boot off it. Support was very good they responded in 90 mins and emailed me 3 times in 45 mins.
      Last edited by Yankee6; 06-22-2011, 07:17 PM. Reason: update

Comment

Working...
      X