Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• H61M + i3 2100 + 4890 Graphics Corruption

Hi Guys,

I am looking for some help, i just purchased NEW an i3 2100 and Asrock H61M-VS plus 4 gig of dual channel corsair xms3 1600c9 ram. After installing all the parts and starting it for the first time i got graphic corruption as soon as the POST screen appeared (connected through DVI from the 4890). The corruption continued all the way to windows xp (this is mainly just a media pc and for the odd game).

So i rebooted, went to bios and set the on board video as default. Rebooted (connected through DSUB from the mainboard) and there was NO graphics corruption and windows xp booted fine. At first i thought the 4890 was damaged, so i installed another that i have, and it brought up the exact same corruption.

Then i tried another power source for the 4890, a 'thermal take power express' which is just for video cards (with the main psu (650w antec tru power) still running all the other components) plugged in the 8 and 6 pin connectors, booted up and still the same graphic corruption...

I am wondering if the PCIE slot/bus could be damaged or the mainboard RAM damaged, but those symptoms dont show because the onboard video isnt very demanding?

Also, one other thing i noticed... When using either 4890 over DVI, as soon as the post screen appears all glitched, i can tell the image is not stretched to all corners as it is when usnig DSUB from the mainboard. The image is about an inch in from the borders of the screen (on a 24" screen).

Any help or suggestions would be greatly appreciated!

Re: H61M + i3 2100 + 4890 Graphics Corruption

Update: I got to try an old 8800GTS 640meg, and it works fine! So for some reason, the motherboard (or something) doesnt like either of the 4890's that i have tried, very strange.............

Comment

Working...
    X