Extreme 6 RAID Issues

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme 6 RAID Issues

I'm migrating from a nForce 780i MB to an ASROCK Extreme 6 MB. My old system had a two SATAII drive RAID0 setup with 128KB block size. On the Extreme 6, I changed the settings in BIOS for SATA Mode to RAID. I'm using the same two SATAII hard drives (RAID0) and using the same settings to setup the RAID0 on the Extreme 6. I'm using a Win7 System Restore disk to place a backup image from an eSATA drive to the RAID disk. However, each time I start the imaging I receive a message stating that the destination drive (the RAID0 disks) is unavailable or can't be reached to image. In the Win7 excluded area of the image setup wizard, the newly created RAID volume shows up and is the only thing listed but obviously isn't check to exclude. So it's not being excluded. I can go back to my old system with the same two disks, setup the RAID with same settings, go through the same Windows restore process and restore from the image. I've changed SATA ports on the Extreme 6 but still nothing. The weird thing is I can setup RAID0 on the Extreme 6 and do a clean Win7 install without any problems but can't place a backup image on the RAID. Any suggestions would help.
    Last edited by silent54; 06-20-2011, 12:26 AM.

Re: Extreme 6 RAID Issues

I was hoping to get this RAID issue settled before having to RMA this board. Can't believe no one knows what would cause this RAID issue because Asrock support is worthless so far.

Comment

Working...
    X