Flashing SATA driver on Z68 Extreme4

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Flashing SATA driver on Z68 Extreme4

I built a system using the z68 extreme4 with a raid 10 array. I was unable to flash the SATA RAID driver at the time I built it, but pressed forward anyway. The computer worked fine for 2-3 weeks. Then I got the bcd file missing error. I soon realized it wasn't the bcd file but the entire raid array that had disappeared. The only drive still visible to the windows installation disk was the ssd cache drive I had installed. The bios and the RAID utility see all the drives and all are healthy. Since all of the drives that disappeared are on the SATA connections that needed the update, a friend figured it was time to try and update the drivers again. I then prepared another floppy with the extracted files in AMD64 $OEM$ $TEXTMODE$. This was not in the instructions but was told this is the proper way to do it. Upon hitting F6 during the bootup, the flash utility comes up and scans the floppy but says that it did not find the 'image'. I'm not sure where to go from here. Can anyone help. I am probably doing something wrong somewhere in the flash process. Does anyone have detailed instructions and or experience doing this. Thanks in advance for your time and help.
Working...
X