Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Major problems with E350M1/USB3 motherboard...HORRIBLE support from ASRock

Hi all,
    I hate for my first post here to be asking for help, but I'm at my wits end.
    I recently built my first 'real' HTPC using this board referenced in the title.
    It has 4GB of RAM, an SSD, and is running Win 7 x86.
    Everything went great, until I got it installed in its new home and officially presented it to the wife. :)
    For the past week or so, it's been nothing but one problem after another.
    I'm getting BSODs, failure to wake from sleep via remote or keyboard, no video signal to my AVR, USB ports not working or working incorrectly, etc..
    The biggest issue is that NONE of the USB ports (front/rear/2.0/3.0) will work with my Microsoft USB IR receiver and remote, but they work great on my other PC.
    Also, I'm getting random BSODs, but can't reproduce it enough to get the stop code.
    I tried contacting ASRock about these issues, and got a generic reply about using the USB port as a CIR port, that didn't answer any of my questions and ignored most of them.
    I replied back, asking the support person to address my other issues, and received a terse "return the motherboard to the vendor" reply.
    Needless to say, this is my first, and likely my last ASRock product. I'm so disappointed! I've heard such good things about ASRock and their products...
    Anyway, now I can't figure out where to start trying to troubleshoot this thing, or if I should just pay the return shipping (which shouldn't be my responsibility) and buy another brand or what?
    Any advice appreciated,
    -Elmojo

Re: Major problems with E350M1/USB3 motherboard...HORRIBLE support from ASRock

You can't write down the BSOD error because the pc reboots after the BSOD to fast?
    If so, there is a option to turn off that the pc reboots auto.

Try an older bios.

I like Asrock products, but there support for people is little weak.

Success with it.

Comment

Re: Major problems with E350M1/USB3 motherboard...HORRIBLE support from ASRock

Yes, I'm familiar with how to disable auto-reboots after system failures. The problem is that the BSOD only happens sporatically, and my wife doesn't know to write it down before she reboots! Also, the bigger issue is the USB problems. I'm surprised I haven't gotten more help with this, tweaktown users are typically very helpful. Cmon guys, I'm desparate here! lol

Comment

Working...
      X