X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 SRT problem

I am following this guide to the letter
    ASRock Z68

I just recieved my SSD drive today (crucial 64g Sata3 ssd)
    I already have Win7 ultimate 64bit installed from 3 days ago when I received and built the computer. I have the ssd installed on the sata3_0 and the 500g HDD installed on the sata3_1 port. The white one second row closest to the sata2 blue ports.
    When I go into the setup utility and enable raid under sata mode and reboot it just keeps going into the bios setup. Its only when I put sata mode back to IDE that im able to boot into windows again.
    When i try to install the Intel Rapid Storage Drivers from within windows it loads the setup then tells me "computer does not meet the minimum requirements for installing the soft"

Help? thoughts? questions?

Re: Asrock Z68 Extreme 4 SRT problem

You should have install windows with already AHCI or RAID mode ON. Now you have two ways to solve the problem.

1. Use uncle Google and search for method how to install drivers forAHCI/RAID controler after installing windows in IDE mode.
    2. Format and install again Windows in RAID mode.

Comment

I did a reinstall... it was the quickest cleanest way. However I have a new problem now... the raid array isnt bootable?
      I enable raid under bios, only have my 500g connected, Install windows, install all MB drivers including SRT, power down computer, plug in SSD drive, power up computer, load SRT soft.
      I put the SSD in maximized and it puts itself with the 500g HDD in a raid. Under status everything is working correctly. The problem? when I reboot it shows no bootable disk found. I have reinstalled windows twice to verify this. Hints?

Comment

srt = rst =)

Comment

Follow the instructions: ASRock Z68

Comment

Maybe you could be a little more "clear". Since you are hinting to follow the directions I assume you found something I missed. I just re-read the article for prob the 8th time slowly and I didnt notice anything I didnt do. I already updated to the latest bios and RST driver....

Comment

Hi, I have the AsRock Extreme4 z68

This sounds VERY similar to the problem me and others are having... thread here
              Support Question Revodrive X2 and Asus P8z68 ICH10 RAID

(I hope it's ok to post links?)

but the problem is essentially this... our ocz REVO drives won't boot or be recognized as a boot device when
              RAID is enabled in the BIOS and a RAID array is present...

admittedly, this isn't the exact same problem... but sounds related.

it seems the problem had something to do with the fact that the REVO drive IS a raid drive itself.... the bios doesn't like seeing
              two RAID devices at the same time...

the reason I bring this up is I don't know if your crucial drive has a similar internal stucture... but if your crucial
              is basically two drive RAID'ed together and packed into a single drive like the REVO... then that's your problem.

what I don't understand is... why are you placing those 2 drives in an array to begin with??? or if you're not
              placing those two drives in a RAID array.... why do you have RAID enabled in the BIOS???

good luck
              Last edited by Darien; 06-14-2011, 12:07 PM.

Comment

Darien
                Do a little research on SRT on the Z68 chipset, you will then understand what the OP is trying to accomplish.
                Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, i7-2600K, DH-14, G Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBXLD, HD6970, HX-750, 3X 2TB Hitachi SATA3, Corsair F60, etc

Comment

PROBLEM FIXED: I was using the latest bios Asrock was suggesting (1.4). The correct BIOS to use is the beta L1.34. After installing windows again with bios in ACHI and Raid, installed windows, loaded SRT driver, installed SSD and reboot worked perfectly.

Comment

Can you test beta 1.4A?

**Official** Asrock Z68 Extreme4 thread. Share your experiences, OCs & tech issues!!

Comment

Originally posted by rgsaunders View Post
                      Darien
                      Do a little research on SRT on the Z68 chipset, you will then understand what the OP is trying to accomplish.
                      rgsaunders

Thanks for contributing nothing with your worthless douche bag comment.

What an amazing idea you have... research the problem.. Genius!
                      If you got some knowledge then share it, otherwise can your spam.

Do a little research on being a total putz, you will then understand what you've accomplished.

Comment

@Darien

He was right. Your post wasn't anywhere near the problem.

Comment

Working...
                        X