• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4 - BSOD " A clock interrupt ..."

[DOwNLOAD] Bluescreen view HTML overview

[DOWNLOAD] BSOD Dump FILES

If anyone has some suggestions
    Please feel free with much appreciation and thanks.

Re: ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4 - BSOD " A clock interrupt ..."

Hi,

I am seeing exactly the same issue with this motherboard - with Win 7 Pro 64bit.

I also have 16GB RAM. and OCZ Vertex 3 240GB.

Also no overclocking.

My suspicion is it can't cope properly with the 16GB...?

phil

Comment

Thats not it, i have 16gb and dont have the issue.
      My specs if it matters.
      MOBO: Z68 Extreme4
      CPU: 2600K @ 4.7ghz
      MEM: 16gb(4x4gb) G,Sill DDR3 1600
      GPU: 2gb radeon 6970x2 x-fire
      HD: Intel X25M G2 SSD for os / 1tb WD Black storage/games
      PSU: Corsair HX850

So im not using the 2600ks video at all except for transcoding.
      Are you guys using the 2600k IGP in I-mode or D-mode?
      I-mode = monitor plugged into IGP
      D-mode = monitor plugged into your discrete GPU

Comment

hey. not an SSD owner yet but have been paying very careful attention to the issues the sandforce controller has been having. both OCZ and Corsair have admitted to BIG issues . Since i was about to buy a Agility or Vertex i have been paying very close attention to he OCZ side of things.

short of it is: lots of bluescreen/freezing issues with OCZ gen 3 drives, OCZ have finally released a firmware update (2.09) less than a week ago that fixes the issues, albeit with a slight performance hit. downside is a secure erase and OS reinstall is highly recommended after flashing the drive (sorry to be the bearer of potentially bad news - don't shoot the messenger :) )

big thread here
        Guide FW 2.09 is live, Instructions on how to update your Vertex3/Agility3/Solid3 SSD's...Update, ONLY flash this FW if you have issues with other FW.ot saying that its definitely the issue of course but noticed both of you have OCZ gen 3 drives and neither of you mentioned upgrading the firmware

i'm about to get a vertex3 120gb myself but waited until the smoke cleared with this firmware issue. will be flashing mine to 2.09 before i start any OS install.

Comment

Although what dogoth posted may be true. (thats why i stuck with the Intel ssd for reliabilty...LOL )

Looking at the original post error message and other info, it seems this error has to do with the onboard gpu on the cpu.

So i would say, the simple fix is dont use it for video at all and use a discrete gpu for all video.

And the more involving fix would be to first update to the latest bios, then check/adjust IGP / CPU voltages.

Latest bios.
          ASRock > Products > Motherboard > Z68 Extreme4 > Download

Comment

thanks mtdew, you're definitely more correct here. the gen3 ocz angle was a red herring in this case. another nearly identical thread for the bsod in this forum : http://forums.tweaktown.com/asrock/4...-received.html, but with no mention of ocz in the posters also having this issue.

Comment

A simple slight bump in igpu voltage might fix things,maybe one or two clicks more than what auto is using
              Gigabyte z77x UP4-TH F11c Modded Bios
              Intel i7 3770k 24/[email protected] 1.38v Turbo llc +0.165v dvid multithreading enabled
              Samsung Green(MV-3V4G3D/US) 8GB @2133mhz 9-10-10-21-1t 1.55v
              Thermalright Silver Arrow Cpu Cooler
              1xSamsung 840 pro 256 Gb SSD windows 8.1 pro 64bit
              1xSamsung f4 HD204UI 2tb hard drive Storage
              Powercolor 7970 3gb V3 @1150mhz core/1700mhz mem,1.150v Accelero aftermarket air cooler 55c max
              Razer Lycosa Keyboard
              Logitech X-530 5.1 Speakers
              Lite-On iHAS124-19 24x Sata DVDRW
              K-World Hybrid DVB-T 210SE Digital T.V Card
              L.G E2260V L.E.D 1920x1080 Monitor
              Xfx Pro 750w silver rated Psu 80+
              Fractal Arc Midi Case

http://i38.tinypic.com/14myvfa.jpg x58 ud5 <=3.8ghz + 4.2ghz Overclock Template!!
              http://www.youtube.com/user/warren304#p/u Visit Me On Youtube

Lots Of Gaming Videos With X58 Ud5 System And Gpu On My Youtube Channel!!
              Just Uploaded New Battlefield 4 Video!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

Re: ASROCK Z68 Extreme 4 - BSOD &quot; A clock interrupt ...&quot;

I also have had 6 random BSOD.. Running Asrock z68 Extreme4 2x SSD OCZ V2 in raid and 16gig of Ripjaw memory, the memory will overclock no problem on this board i had the Asus z68pro and it wouldnt do what the Asrock will.. going to run windows on 8gig and with a standard harddrive to see if it stops the BSOD.. :(

Comment

Updating all drivers and firmwares (including my SSD), and disabling USB3 in the bios (as the current driver was a culprit, causing BSOD and failed shutdowns) has left my system a lot more stable - although I have seen 1 lock-up (no blue screen though) since..

Comment

Originally posted by pdhaigh View Post
                    Updating all drivers and firmwares (including my SSD), and disabling USB3 in the bios (as the current driver was a culprit, causing BSOD and failed shutdowns) has left my system a lot more stable - although I have seen 1 lock-up (no blue screen though) since..
                    I just put together a similar system - same mobo I7-2600 16GB RAM. Memory tests pass fine.

3 lockups and one BSOD with the "clock interrupt was not received". The BSOD was preceeded by jumpy mouse response.

Comment

Working...
                    X