A785GXH-128M, GT 220 not being detected in the 2nd PCI-E slot

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A785GXH-128M, GT 220 not being detected in the 2nd PCI-E slot

I had the GT 220 running in the primary slot but then swapped for the GTS 450. I wanted to use the GT 220 for some GPGPU testing and put it in the second graphics slot but it does not get detected by my Windows 7 x64 install. Anyone have any advice for trying to get these two nVidia cards to run independently on my A785GXH-128M? Any method in BIOS to see if the 2nd graphics card is found on boot?

Re: A785GXH-128M, GT 220 not being detected in the 2nd PCI-E slot

first of all, that motherboard doesn't support nvidia sli (2 nvidia cards). it's an amd chipset which means if you want to use multiple video cards, it only supports ati cards, not nvidia. second of all, even if you had a motherboard that supports nvidia sli, you can't mix and match nvidia cards. always get 2 of the same for nvidia sli. with amd/ati cards, you can have different cards but they have to be within the same series. it looks like you're stuck using only the gts 450.

Comment

Re: A785GXH-128M, GT 220 not being detected in the 2nd PCI-E slot

I'm not trying to SLI at all, I know the board doesn't support it. But I should be able to run the two cards separately GTS 450 for my displays and GT220 for GPGPU stuff. I repeat, no SLI is involved it's just trying to run two graphics cards one in primary slot and one in secondary. The GT220 is detected in the primary but when I move it to secondary Windows 7 doesn't detect it. Anyone know of a way to check on a basic hardware (BIOS?) level that the slot is good?

Comment

Working...
      X