• Show
Clear All

• Mobo prob -Video output is not detected after reset of initial boot

Hello, all!

I am working on a home build computer with a:
    Ultra LSP 550W PSU
    ASRock M3A770DE mobo
    2x2 GB RAM
    Sapphire Radeon 6850 HD [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue ! important]graphics [COLOR=blue ! important]card[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR]
    AMD Phenom II 955 processor

Here is my issue:

Having just built my first computer, I power it on and it boots up. However, I accidentally placed the mobo disk in the drive instead of my OS disk. It asks me if I want to create a SATA(?) diskette Y/N, and I find out that my keyboard does not work (this might sound ridiculous, but it's actually an [COLOR=blue !important][COLOR=blue !important]apple [COLOR=blue !important]keyboard[/COLOR][/COLOR][/COLOR] that I placed in the USB drive just to experiment, I suppose that it shouldn't surprise me that it didn't work).

So I pressed the reset button, and my computer resets; this is where my problems begin:

Now, nothing shows up on my monitor. It says that 'video output' is not discovered, as though it was not hooked up right and yet nothing was changed. I breadboarded the whole thing, checked all my connections and cables, tried resetting the bios, I have disassembled and reassembled - and nothing is different. I have no idea as to what to do right now, as nothing is different. Why, all of the sudden, is there no video output on my monitor?

Re: Mobo prob -Video output is not detected after reset of initial boot

Hope you get an answer as I have a similar issue, black screen - no VGA signal found.

Comment

Two questions come to mind;
      1. When you say "reset" do you mean you cleared the CMOS or did you press the reset button?
      2. Did you try another keyboard?
      Asrock Z68 Extreme 4, i7-2600K, DH-14, G Skill F3-14900CL9D-8GBXLD, HD6970, HX-750, 3X 2TB Hitachi SATA3, Corsair F60, etc

Comment

I have a similar issue described here:

Comment

Working...
        X