Extreme4 P67 onboard Analog Audio not working

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme4 P67 onboard Analog Audio not working

I recently replaced the defective Extreme4 P67 board with the new B3 Chipset board and found out that the onboard Analog Audio no longer works. Please note that on the defective board, everything works fine. I also downloaded the latest Realtek audio driver from Asrock site and reinstalled to no avail. When opening the Sound property, it shows that Analog is not plugged in, while under Realtek Audio Manager there's no Analog audio tab, only HD audio.

Any suggestion to troubleshoot and fix this is appreciated because I really HATE to replace the board a second time.

Here's my setup:
    Intel Core i5 2500k
    GTX 460 1GB
    Windows 7 64-bit

Re: Extreme4 P67 onboard Analog Audio not working
    1. Uninstall the Realtek HD audio drivers from the Control Panel.
    2. Shutdown the computer and unplug the power.
    3. If you have the HD Panel connector plugged in, disconnect it from the motherboard.
    4. Unplug all the audio cables.
    5. Plug the system back in and enter the BIOS.
    6. Disable the front panel audio connector in the BIOS and disable the integrated audio. Save the BIOS settings and reboot.
    7. Re-enter the BIOS and re-enable just the audio controller.
    8. Plug only 1 stereo audio connector in (very securely) into the green audio port.
    9. Save the BIOS settings and reboot.
    10. When Windows starts, do not install drivers. Test to see if basic audio works (using the generic HD Audio driver from Microsoft).
    11. If it doesn't work, you should try headphones or other speakers or another audio cable.
    12. If it works, you re-install the RealTek 2.60 drivers (at www.realtek.com) and re-enable the front panel connector in the BIOS and connector on the motherboard.

If jack detection still doesn't work (RealTek Drivers don't see anything plugged into the green port), then :( - RMA.

Comment

secured2,

Thank you so much for such detailed instructions. I will try your suggestion tonight and update the thread.

Dustin

Comment

secured2,

Here's what I found: If I unplug the HD Audio from the motherboard (step 3 in your instruction), then Analog Audio will show up on the Realtek Manager. However, as soon as I plugged the HD Audio in, the Analog Audio will disappear. I have no idea what's going on. Please help.

Thanks,
        Dustin

Comment

Hi Guys,

I still cannot get the onboard analog audio to work. A buddy of mine has the same board and has the same issue. For those that have the new B3 board, could you please do me a favor and check if your analog audio out (front LR) is working?

Thanks,
          Dustin

Comment

Working...
          X