Z68 Extreme4 and Corsiar Vengeance 2X4GB C8 Memory

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Z68 Extreme4 and Corsiar Vengeance 2X4GB C8 Memory

Looks like I got to have the ASRock Z68 Extreme4 Motherboard. I purchased the Corsair Vengeance Memory (CMZ8GX3M2A1600C8) last week when NewEgg had it on sale. Will this memory work on the Extreme4 MB. I did not see it listed on the ASRock compatible memory chart.
    Last edited by Ken429; 05-21-2011, 02:11 PM.

Re: Z68 Extreme4 and Corsiar Vengeance 2X4GB C8 Memory

Yes this Corsair it's OK for Z68 extreme 4

Comment

Thanks for the reply. I too checked to see if Corsair said it was ok. Just curious if anybody out there had first had experience with this memory on the AsRock Z68 Extreme4 MB.

Comment

Hey Ken, make sure to test all the memory slots to make sure they work. Please let me know cause I'm thinking of getting an ASRock z68 mobo. I hear alot of their mobos have problems with memory slots not working.

Comment

Sorry velocci, I went to buy the ASRock Z68 board and it was out of stock @ NewEgg. I then did some more reading and settled on the Asus P8Z68-V Pro MB because it appears to be a little better overclocker. However, when I went to purchase it @ NewEgg it too was out of stock! Anyway, I am going to try the ASUS board as soon as it becomes available even though it has the third PCI Express 2.0 slot conflicts - which I will probably never use anyway.

Comment

i read that about the problem with the Asus board on Tom's Hardware, but I didn't quite undestand it. I suspect I won't use it either. Can you explain the problem with that board in simpler terms?

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
            Sorry velocci, I went to buy the ASRock Z68 board and it was out of stock @ NewEgg. I then did some more reading and settled on the Asus P8Z68-V Pro MB because it appears to be a little better overclocker. However, when I went to purchase it @ NewEgg it too was out of stock! Anyway, I am going to try the ASUS board as soon as it becomes available even though it has the third PCI Express 2.0 slot conflicts - which I will probably never use anyway.

Comment

I can't find a really good explanation of the problem but the way I understand it is the board(s) have too many high speed slots and add on controllers for the 16 lanes to the CPU and the 8 lanes to the Z68 controller to handle at the same time. ASRock solves the problem with a some kind of a lane traffic cop chip, Asus minimizes the issue by letting you define via a BIOS option how many lanes get assigned to the bottom PCI Express x16 slot. This is the conclusion of the reviews that made me go with the other guy.

Z68 Express motherboards from Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI - The Tech Report - Page 11

Comment

what would you use that third PCIe slot for?

Originally posted by Ken429 View Post
                I can't find a really good explanation of the problem but the way I understand it is the board(s) have too many high speed slots and add on controllers for the 16 lanes to the CPU and the 8 lanes to the Z68 controller to handle at the same time. ASRock solves the problem with a some kind of a lane traffic cop chip, Asus minimizes the issue by letting you define via a BIOS option how many lanes get assigned to the bottom PCI Express x16 slot. This is the conclusion of the reviews that made me go with the other guy.

Z68 Express motherboards from Asus, Gigabyte, and MSI - The Tech Report - Page 11

Comment

Don't have a clue. The only thing I use these days is the first PCI Express slot for a good Video Card. Seems like most MB's has all the other stuff that is needed onboard.

I suppose if you wanted a second Video Card, a high powered Raid Controller, better Audio, a second Ethernet port and/or a TV card, etc. and a whole bunch of stuff connected to the USB3 ports and/or several SATA 6 devices all connected at the same time you would have an issue. I say all this without any experience with this ASUS board. I'm sure I''ll find out where the pit falls are since I always seem to stumble into the technical problems if they exist!!

Comment

I don't see myself using all 3 PCIe slots and I don't use multiple video cards for games. one is enough for me. so I guess it doesn't matter. have you heard of any common issues with these Z68 Asus boards?
                    by the way, Asus's site now has two more z68 models. they are the maximus models but they don't have VGA or DVI ports which means you can't use the virtu software to make video conversions really fricken fast.

Comment

Working...
                    X