Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Extreme Tuning Utility Incorrectly Reporting CPU Temp?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Extreme Tuning Utility Incorrectly Reporting CPU Temp?

I apologize if this has already been addressed but a quick search of the forum didn't turn up anything relevant.

Just got my new Z68 E4 board setup this week and installed the Extreme Tuning Utility. I'm having a slight issue with the temperature reporting for the CPU. Upon opening the application, it correctly reports the temp (~40C), then immediately jumps down to 31C and stays there. I reboot into the BIOS and it correctly shows the temp (~40C), boot into Windows and again, same problem. Anyone experiencing this? Any settings in the BIOS that I should double-check? I will readily admit being a complete newb to OCing so if there's anything that you can point me to it would be greatly appreciated.

Current setup:
    i5 2500k - CM Hyper 212
    Z68 Extreme4
    Crucial C300 64GB SSD
    WD Caviar Blue 1TB
    650w Seasonic PS
    Windows 7 Ultimate
    No GPU yet

OC: 4.1GHz
    BIOS v1.10

If you need any additional info let me know, not sure what you need to help troubleshoot. Thanks for your help.

Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Extreme Tuning Utility Incorrectly Reporting CPU Temp?

This is not a problem, the Extreme Tuning Utility is reporting correctly.
    Explanation: If you look at your CPU speed in BIOS you will see that it is at stock speed, or if you have OCed (mine is @ 4.0) it is running at this speed. When you load windows 7 you should notice that the cpu is downclocked to 1.6 GHz and the CPU temp will be correspondingly lower when in window - that is until you do something that "kicks" the cpu up to required speed.

I have the Zalman 9900max CPU. My Bios CPU temp is 39C, in windows it is approx 28 C (@1.6 GHz). With an OC of 4.2, prime 95 after 1 hour my temps (for individual cores are in the low->mid 50's.

Added: Just joined - appolgize for a week delay in you receiving a replay
    Last edited by RetiredChief; 05-27-2011, 05:30 PM. Reason: add comment

Comment

Re: ASRock Z68 Extreme4 - Extreme Tuning Utility Incorrectly Reporting CPU Temp?

I have the same problem!

My overclocked Core i7 2600K (4.0 Ghz) works under 100% load - crunching. When Windows 7 loads and crunching starts, it hits 65C. But when I run AsRock extreme utility tuner, temperature goes down to 57C and still cpu is 100% loaded and CPU-Z shows 4.0 GHz.

Strange.

Comment

Working...
      X