Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

What is wrong!? Faulty Driver, Board or processor?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is wrong!? Faulty Driver, Board or processor?

Hi

Basically, I wrote this message on the Intel Forums - I keep getting random hangs on Core...: Intel Communities
    I have only forcefully reset it twice when it hung for over 20 minutes and I needed to get on with work urgently. This is a log of the reliability monitor which shows this has been happening a lot! I am getting this around 5 or more times a day.

I purchased 4 machines for my clients and one for me. One of the people the machine was for was complaining of similar problems, and as they are a good client and I am known for reliability, I simply purchased 4 Nvidia cards and installed them just in case the other 3 develop similar problems - this seemed to fix the problem for them.

Whilst annoying for myself, I was ok with it, until yesterday, it froze whilst copying to a USB stick and it made the stick corrupt.

However, I would really like to get this resolved for mine and possibly revert back to the built in graphics for the client (bit useless having the K model CPU on a board that doesn't support Overclocking whilst not using internal graphics!)

I was 99% sure it was a driver issue, but during the last freeze, I tried pressing the reset button and nothing happened (power button worked as normal). - I am not sure if this is relevant - now that the machine is EFI and not standard BIOS, I thought it is possible that basic functions such as this are handled differently.

I originally purchased Sandy Bridge machines with the problem chipset - these were all to replace those and I do not feel confident in the platform at the moment!

The problem could be with : Driver (still personally what I think, but I could be wrong), Motherboard or cpu.

In case it helps, here is the detailed log from Reliability monitor after it has recovered.

PHP Code:
    Description
    A problem with your video hardware caused Windows to stop working correctly

Problem signature
    Problem Event Name
    :    LiveKernelEvent
    OS Version
    :    6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
    Locale ID
    :    2057

Files that help describe the problem
    WD
    -20110428-1949.dmp
    sysdata
    .xml
    WERInternalMetadata
    .xml

View a temporary copy of these files
    Warning
    : If a virus or other security threat caused the problemopening a copy of the files could harm your computer.

Extra information about the problem
    BCCode
    :    117
    BCP1
    :    FFFFFA801A3A84A0
    BCP2
    :    FFFFF88004A1D8F0
    BCP3
    :    0000000000000000
    BCP4
    :    0000000000000000
    OS Version
    :    6_1_7601
    Service Pack
    :    1_0
    Product
    :    256_1 
    I hope someone can help, this is a very frustrating problem!

Re: What is wrong!? Faulty Driver, Board or processor?

Dear wil,

Please kindly load BIOS default settings first to try.

And could you tell us some information as below,
    1. Use onboard graphic to output and install the VGA driver from below link to check the symptom still occur.
    Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > H67DE3 > Download
    2. Install an add-on VGA card and install the VGA driver to check the symptom still occur.

Thanks for your help!

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD

Comment

Re: What is wrong!? Faulty Driver, Board or processor?

Hi

When using a graphics card (Tested with 8800GTX) I have not noticed any crashes - however, this is not ideal due to idle wattage doubling with that card!

The drivers on your website are no good - for me, when I use a monitor (or two) with 1280x1024, it is 100% fine, but, when I use a 1080p screen (1 or more), the framerate goes down to 1/2 fps making it unusable.

Comment

Working...
      X