ASROCK 890GX Extreme4 Error Code 33

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• ASROCK 890GX Extreme4 Error Code 33

Was running Win 7 x64. Had disabled internal GPU using a separate GPU board. Now decided I would also like the internal GPU activated. Could not find activation for this anywhere in BIOS. Removed the separate GPU board, cleared CMOS, and now I only receive error code 33 on power up with one VGA monitor plugged into onboard GPU. Any ideas? I need to get this system back operational. Many thanks.

Update: The code on the display is 33, the code on the LED on the MB is 38. Have removed all devices, cleared CMOS, same result.
    Last edited by NV Bob; 04-30-2011, 11:40 AM.

Re: ASROCK 890GX Extreme4 Error Code 33

Hello
    How did you cleared the CMOS? Have you disconnected the power before CMOS-clear? If not, You may havn't really cleared it!
    The general way to clear cmos is:
    1- Disconnect main,
    2- Press the power button once (in order to flush any remaining input capacitor charges)
    3- Either, press cmos-clear button, (or) short-circuit the related jumper, or take away the battery for an hour, whichever possible for the board.

If not helpful, I suggest re-insert a PCI or PCI-E graphic card and hopefully get the system work, then, go to the bios setup, change the option of boot graphic (which has 3 options: PCI, PCI-E, and Onboard), and specify a value between 32 and 512 MB to the onboard chip. I think the option is inside the "chipset" section.

Bahram Alinezhad
    Rudehen, Tehran, Iran.

Comment

Working...
    X