No announcement yet.

Extreme6 won't post. Error d6. 5 beeps.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Extreme6 won't post. Error d6. 5 beeps.

I have a problem with my ASRock extreme6 motherboard. Dr. Debug displayed error d6 (display console not detected), it beeps 5 times, and nothing shows up on the monitor. I tried using different lanes for my 480 GTX, and I also tried using a 8600 and a 250 GTS, and none of it worked. I also tried just 1 stick of RAM and swapping out PSU's.

Help?

Re: Extreme6 won't post. Error d6. 5 beeps.

New computer still sitting there not working. Very sad :(

Comment

I have seen similar posts (d6 error) on other forums. I think the motherboard needs to be returned.

Comment

Dear Ranelar,

About the debug code shows "D6", it maybe caused by your VGA card.
        System cannot recognize your VGA card, so the system cannot boot normally.

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
        1. Reinstall your VGA card and check the power connector of the VGA card is connected correctly.
        2. Use eraser to clean the golden finger of VGA card to try.
        3. Please press "F9" to load BIOS default settings and adjust "Primary Graphics Adapter" to [PCI Express] to try.
        4. If possible, please kindly install your VGA card to another motherboard to try.

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly contact your local dealer to check your system.
        Thanks~

Have a nice day
        ASRock TSD

Comment

Since your post is only 1 week old ,you probably have a b3 board.

If you dont and will be returning a b2 board for recall,remove the cmos chip before return so u have a spare.(its a socketed bios chip,which is usefull).

Other than that

A.What are your full system specs,cpu and ram type anyway.

B.There are usefull reset cmos buttons on the mbrd but if that doesnt work,follow the full reset cmos with jumper procedure from the manual.

C.If that doesnt workstrip the pc down and test the board out of the case.
          ie connect everything up with the mboard sitting on the backing sponge that came with it wth perhaps a sheet of newspaper under that.
          reset cmos again if needed.

The gx card will have sufficient support from the slot as long as you dont go pushing it sideways.+ this will eliminate any possibility of case structure preventing true contact in the pcie slot.
          Since you have tried nearly everything else the only other options are:
          a:both sticks of ram are faulty /wont work in the mbrd.
          b.cpu isnt inserted 100% correctly(cpu failure is rare).
          c.connections :testing out of the case should cover that.
          d.Motherboard is faulty.Before returning board make sure your ram type works with it.
          Current Systems:

Asrock p67 Extreme6.............. Gigabyte EP-45 UD3 ...................... Gigabyte 73 PVM S2
          Intel i5 2500k 4.8ghz................ Intel Q8400 3.8ghz......................... Intel D820 2.8ghz
          Zalman 10x cooler.................... Coolermaster V8............................ HP cooler
          8GB Gskill ripjaw ddr3.............. 4GB Gskill PI ddr2.......................... 4GB samsung ddr2
          60GB ssd/500GB HDD .............. WD 1TB hdd.................................... Seagate 160GB hdd
          GTX 460 1GB x2 SLI ................. Msi 9600GT 512MB(died) ........... Onboard gx
          Win7 64 ,750w psu(ocz)............ Win7 64 ,520w psu,seasonic...... Win XP pro ,400w psu

HEC 6A34 case . ....................... Jeantec R2 case............................ Packard Bell case

hoping to upgrade to http://www.thinkgeek.com/stuff/41/habicase.shtml
          http://www.flixya.com/video/140325/Animal-launching

Comment

Did you fix this?

I just finished building a new comp with an ASRock Z77 Extreme 4. Turning it on for the first time I get the 5 beeps/d6 error. I hadn't installed a graphics card yet, had the monitor plugged into mobo. Is that bad?

Comment

Actually, given your CPU is an i5-2550K, it does not have on-board graphics:

That explains the error you have. Get your video card in that PC, which should be enabled by default in the BIOS/UEFI.

Your CPU is one of the few i5-2xxx CPUs that does not have a graphics core. It will run a bit cooler than an i5-2500K that has the graphics core, and may OC better or easier than the i5-2500K.

Comment

Originally posted by parsec View Post
                Actually, given your CPU is an i5-2550K, it does not have on-board graphics:

That explains the error you have. Get your video card in that PC, which should be enabled by default in the BIOS/UEFI.

Your CPU is one of the few i5-2xxx CPUs that does not have a graphics core. It will run a bit cooler than an i5-2500K that has the graphics core, and may OC better or easier than the i5-2500K.
                You're right! I completely forgot, problem with buying parts and waiting a month to put it together. Thanks for the reminder!

Comment

Hi, i have just performed my first boot of my system build. the first code i got was a d6

my system specs are: Asrock Extreme7 lga2011mobo, LGA 2011 4820k, 16gb of ddr3(4x4gb), EVGA 1kw psu, asus 660 oc edition vga, corsair h100i closed loop liquid cooling system.

Im not getting any video response on the monitor and i cant seem to get it to clear the code.

any input would be appreciated.

Thanks-Nate

Comment

Might seem silly to ask, but did you plug the PCIe 6pin power from the PSU to the card?

You wouldn't be the first one to have overlooked that.
                    #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                    ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Yes all connections are solidly placed

Comment

Is that a new video card? Never used before? Can you test it on another PC?

Comment

Brand new card, can't test it in any other shstems

Comment

Originally posted by Nathanchapman View Post
                            Brand new card, can't test it in any other shstems
                            No friends would let you test the card on their computer? Bring it on over here then.

Maybe you can check it on PCIE3.
                            #1 - Please, when seeking help, enter the make and model of ALL parts that your system is comprised of in your Signature, or at least the model #'s in your System Specs, then "Save' it.
                            ____If you are overclocking, underclocking, or undervolting any parts, informing us of this and their values would prove beneficial in helping you.

#2 - Consider your PSU to be the foundation from which all else is built upon. Anything built upon a weak foundation is poorly built.

Comment

Working...
                            X