Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD HD 6950 not recognized; no output, no display

Hi folks,
    I just purchased the ASRock P67 Extreme6 motherboard for a new build from scratch along with an HIS HD 6950 1GB video card.
    When I tried booting up the computer with the video card installed, the Dr. Debug LED code stops at "d6" which means "no output device found."
    - The card is properly hooked up to the monitor; there is no image whatsoever.
    - The card's fan starts up and runs fine.
    - The card is connected to 2x PCI-E six-pin power cables.
    - The card is properly seated in the PCI-E slot.
    - I have tried to boot the card from each of the three PCI-E x16 slots, it makes no difference.

Thankfully, I have several spare video cards (all Nvidia); 7900GT, 8800GTS, and 8800GT. All work *perfectly* with this motherboard.

Right now, I am running on the 8800GT. I have installed Windows 7, all the motherboard drivers, and the latest BIOS. The motherboard is clearly not defective since every other video card works; all expansion cards work, everything now installed properly (in fact, I'm using the new PC right now).

I have had problems with video cards in the past, but in 10+ years I've *NEVER* had a video card that failed to show any image whatsoever right out of the box, brand new.

My thoughts:
    - This video card is different from the others in that it requires 2x 6-pin cables. My modular PSU has these, and I've tried many separate wires with no difference.
    - This video card also prominently shows "PCI EXPRESS 2.1" on the box...is this an issue?
    - I noticed a "Low MMIO" option in the BIOS...could this be related?
    - Is there some missing power connector to the motherboard that I would need for this card?
    - Is there a special BIOS setting or some other fix that I need to make this card work?

My specs:
    Motherboard: ASRock P67 Extreme6
    CPU: Intel Core-i5 2500K
    RAM: 2x2gb G.Skill DDR3-2133
    PSU: XClio Greatpower 600W X14S4P4
    (the problem video card): HIS Radeon HD 6950 1gb
    Last edited by Taurus1982; 04-06-2011, 09:19 AM.

Re: AMD HD 6950 not recognized; no output, no display

Dear Taurus1982,

Due to we don't have VGA card HD 6950, we test VGA card HD 6970 on P67 Extreme6.
    System can work without any problem.

Below is our test configuration.
    MB: P67 Extreme6
    CPU: i7-2600
    Memory: Kingston DDR3 1600 4Gx2
    VGA card: PCIE2.1 GIGABYTE HD 6970
    PSU: CWT 1000w
    BIOS: P1.60

Please kindly refer to below suggestions for testing.
    1. Load BIOS default settings first.
    2. Use eraser to clean the golden finger of the VGA card and then try again.
    3. If possible, please kindly install the VGA card to another motherboard to check the VGA card is fine.

If the problem still cannot be solved, please kindly contact your local dealer to check the system.

Thanks~

Have a nice day
    ASRock TSD

Comment

Comment

Re: AMD HD 6950 not recognized; no output, no display

Originally posted by Serkr View Post
        Having the exact same issue with an ASUS HD 6950 2GB Overclock Edition card. The card is seated in the PCI-E slot fine, both aux power cords connected directly to the PSU, not via an adapter of any kind. Tried both D-Sub and DVI cables, no output to monitor whatsoever. I can hear Vista's wee startup tune behind the blank void of my monitor so I know the system is working, the card simply refuses to provide any image.

I can see the card working, it's fan spinning.

I have the exact same issue, I got the Asus 2gb card 2 weeks ago and it was working fine up until yesterday, when I turn the computer on and get no display.
        I have used my old GTX 460 and that works fine. My puzzlement is why was the asus card working so well on my rig then suddenly drop dead.

Comment

Working...
        X