Update BIOS with an unsupported CPU

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Update BIOS with an unsupported CPU

Hi everyone, I purchased an Asrock N68-S3 UCC mainboard and an AMD Athlon II X3 455 CPU, wich is supported only from 1.30 Bios version.

Since I'm waiting for shipping I have a doubt, if the mainboard has a Bios under 1.30 can I upgrade it even if the CPU is not yet supported?
    And which method have I to use, DOS or Instant flash?
    Thanks for the reply

Re: Update BIOS with an unsupported CPU

It should post enough, so that you can update the bios. Update using instant flash.

Comment

Dear kuabba82,

N68-S3 UCC with CPU Athlon II X3 455 can normally boot the system when BIOS version is P1.00.
      Please kindly update BIOS P1.50 from below link.
      Link: ASRock > Products > Motherboard > N68-S3 UCC > Download

And you can click "How to update" to get the procedure of updating BIOS.

Thanks~

Have a nice day
      ASRock TSD

Comment

Ok, thanks.
        I'm still waiting for the delivery of my pc components and I have another trouble.
        I've also purchased an amd graphic adapter even if in this motherboard there's already an onboard graphic adapter and my trouble is: there are possibilities that the 2 cards cause conflicts?
        Because I would like to disable the onboard vga but the only thing I've found in the Bios is in Advanced, Chipset configuration, Primary graphic adapter, which I will set on PCI Express to enable my amd, but I don't know if in this way in windows the onboard graphic adapter is still seen...

Comment

Working...
        X