Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Am2nf3-vsta

Hello,

A while back my PC just, I don't know, died?

I was working absolutely fine (apart from the AGP port not working properly with Win7), to not even turning on properly the next morning.

All of a sudden the graphics card wasn't sending a signal to the monitor, but the grahpics card was only a couple of months old. The board started powering up from the switch on the back of the PSU instead of the cases power switch. But the weirdest thing was that everything started working (fans, lights etc) appart from the signal.

I've seen quite a few threads regarding this problem but nothing to indicate how to fix the problem, or even a reply most times.

Re: Am2nf3-vsta

?

Comment

Was there any beeping sounds? Sounds like it could be power related. What AGP card do you have? What PS wattage do you have? Graphic cards do go bad and sounds like power issues, hence when the graphics went bad, everything else started working. Same thing happened to me. I had to upgrade from a 500watt power supply to 750watt just to run a Geforce 6800 Ultra. :(

Comment

Hi James,

I agree with Troy, sounds like you have a power problem. Your Power supply might be dying.
        See if you can borrow a psu from a friend or take it to pc shop to have it checked.

Comment

Hey guys, cheers for the replys!

Whats annoying is my case doesn't have a built in speaker for the POST beeps. I'm going to attempt to switch my PSU to see if that does anything but I'm not sure.

The PSU I have at the moment is a 500w from Maplins, not the best but it worked and the AGP card I had was a ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB.

Comment

Originally posted by James 'Hefta' Sutherland View Post
            Hey guys, cheers for the replys!

Whats annoying is my case doesn't have a built in speaker for the POST beeps. I'm going to attempt to switch my PSU to see if that does anything but I'm not sure.

The PSU I have at the moment is a 500w from Maplins, not the best but it worked and the AGP card I had was a ATI Radeon HD 4650 1GB.
            Hi James,

I have the same problem with my HD4650. I couldn't make it work under Win 7 environment. What have you done with your problem. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance,
            Nick.

Comment

Working...
            X