building my first PC,need HELP!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• building my first PC,need HELP!!!

PLEASE PLEASE help me,I am completly clueless.

Question NO.1

How should I connect my H55 1156 motherboard to powersupply? In powersupply guide it tells to connect with 24 pin connector and I found the place to connect it on my motherboard but there is something about this,I dont understand it

from MB manual

2.5 Jumper Setup

The illustration shows how jumpers are setup.When the jumper cap is placed on pins,the jumper is "Short".If no jumper cap is placed on pins,the jumper is "Open".The illustration shows a 3-pin jumper whose pin1 and pin2 are "Short" when jumper cap is placed on these 2 pins.

Theres like three pictures of something I dont understand

PS2_USB_PWR1

Short pin2,and pin3 to enable +5VSB (standby) for PS/2 or USB23 wake up events.

Note: To select +5VSB,it requires 2 AMp and higher stadby current provided by power supply.

UWB_PWR2 Short pin2,and pin3 to enable +5V_DUAL for USB01 wake up events.

Note: To select +5V_DUAL,it requires 2 Amp and higher standby current provided by power supply.When you select +5V_DUAL,USB devices can wake up the system under S3 ( Suspend to RAM ) state.

theres similiar text about USB_PWR3 and some "Clear CMOS Jumper" witch allows you to clear the data in CMOS.

What this jumper thing means? please explain to me step by step what should I do

by the way I have ASROCK H55M-GE R2.0 ,Seasonic S12 II 520w bronze psu, I3 540 and Asus Xonar STX.

also if anybody knows where I should plug in power and reset cables from case,that would be great
    Last edited by dob; 02-25-2011, 08:06 PM.
Working...
X